Whether you want to congratulate somebody, thank them, wish them happy birthday or just surprise them - the IKEA Gift Card is a perfect idea for any occasion. It’s a gift that offers many choices and lots of joy!
You can purchase IKEA Gift Cards:
- at the checkout, at the customer service desk at your IKEA store or
- online from the IKEA Gift Card shop.
- IKEA Gift Cards are also available at more than 1,800 post offices and 100 petrol stations (BP and Shell) throughout Switzerland – or order one online at www.postshop.ch.
- Our gift cards are now also available at LIDL
Please note: Gift Cards purchased at IKEA stores are ready to use immediately. Digital gift cards and those sold by external partners (post offices, petrol stations and certain supermarkets) can take up to 48 hours to be activated.
Good to know:
- The gift card is transferable and can be reloaded unlimitedly*
- Maximum amount CHF 9,999.00
- Valid at most IKEA stores worldwide and online at IKEA.ch. Read more
- Valid for 10 years from the time it is activated. (if no expiration date is communicated on the card)
- Credit on the Gift Card may not be exchanged for cash, nor can it be used to pay off credit card bills.
*The balance on your gift card must be CHF 0.00 before you can reload it.
- If you use an IKEA Gift Card abroad, you will be charged a foreign transaction fee on every purchase. This fee is currently 3% of the transaction amount (in CHF).
- Valid in the following IKEA stores around the world: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain*, Sweden, United Kingdom.*Except the stores on Mallorca, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Tenerife.
You will need to use a PIN code if you pay online with your IKEA Gift Card at IKEA.ch or use the card to buy merchandise at an IKEA store. You will find the PIN code concealed on the back of your IKEA Gift Card. If you have an IKEA Gift Card without a PIN code on the back, please contact IKEA customer service.
FAQ - About IKEA Gift Cards
What is the remaining balance on my gift card?
To check the balance on your gift card, please use our online balance check. follow this link. Make sure you have your gift card number and PIN before proceeding.
For how long is my IKEA gift card valid?
Your IKEA gift card is valid for 10 years from the time it is activated. The remaining term is shown on the till receipt after you have shopped. Alternatively, you can simply request this information next time you visit the till at the IKEA store.
My IKEA gift card is damaged. What should I do?
As long as the gift card number and the PIN on your IKEA gift card is legible, we can still accept it at our tills at the IKEA store and on our website ikea.ch.
I have lost my IKEA gift card or it has been stolen. Can the card be blocked or replaced?
If you have lost your IKEA gift card or somebody else has used it without your permission, unfortunately we cannot block or replace the card. We have to treat IKEA gift cards in the same way as cash.
What values can I load onto my IKEA gift card?
The card can be loaded with any amount of maximum CHF 9,999.00.
Where can I use the IKEA gift card?
Can I also use the card abroad? The IKEA gift card is valid in all our IKEA stores and in our online shop. Read more about the validity abroad