Returns and claims
You can return products free of charge at the customer service desk in any of our stores.
Express return at IKEA stores
You can speed up your return process even more by registering with us in advance. Available in Aubonne, Vernier, Pratteln, Spreitenbach, Lugano and Dietlikon
Price: free of charge
- Maximum of five items
- Products from the Swedish Food Market and IKEA Bistro cannot be returned
- Products must be in original packaging
- A current proof of purchase must be provided
How it works:
- Register your return using the link below before you go to your IKEA store.
- You will receive a bar code which you must then present with your products and proof of purchase.
- Once you have entered your return details online, you can return your products within 14 days to any IKEA store.
Organise a pick-up from your home or business and we will return your articles to our nearest IKEA store. Please contact us for pricing and scheduling.
Price: CHF 99.95
Please contact us with your receipt or order confirmation at hand. A Parcel cannot be more than 30kg in weight and 100cm*60cm*60cm in size.
Price: CHF 7.95 per parcel
- We can offer you the quickest resolution for claims related to your purchases made at our IKEA stores directly on site.
- To enable us to help you with your claim related to an online purchase as quickly as possible, please have your order number ready.
After your return/complaint has been processed, you will of course receive a refund. This is how it works:
- When returning your item(s) or cancelling an online order, we will refund you exactly the same way as you paid for your purchase.
- The refund will be made as soon as we have received your returned item(s) or after cancelling your order.
- Depending on the refund method, it can take between 3 to 8 business days for the money to appear on your account.
Refund at the store:
- We will refund you exactly the same way as you paid for your purchase (please ensure to bring your bank card) or via a refund card at the Customer Services desk.
- Depending on the refund method, it can take between 3 to 10 business days for the money to appear on your account.
In principle, you receive a 2-year guarantee on the entire range. However, for many products we offer guarantees that go beyond the legal obligation. You can find all the information in detail here:
If one of your IKEA electrical appliances is defective, please contact the manufacturer directly. A service technician will look at the problem and give you expert help.
After-sales of kitchen fronts
You need fronts for your existing METOD kitchen, but we no longer have them in our range?
Frequently asked questions about Returns and Claims
Part of the product was missing from the packaging or was faulty. What should I do?
If you have received a faulty or incorrect part, you can exchange it any IKEA store in Switzerland on presentation of your receipt or delivery note or collect missing parts from the Customer Service desk, provided the item is in stock. Please check the stock availability for the product to find out whether it is in stock at the IKEA store of your choice. If it isn't, we will work with you to find a solution.
I have a complaint: What should I do?
Please contact us in case of a claim. Make sure you have your order number ready.
I am missing some fittings or screws. How can I obtain them?
We have most replacement parts and screws in stock at the IKEA store. So that we can assist you more quickly, please bring the six-digit replacement part number and the till receipt/delivery note with you. You will find the replacement part number in the assembly instructions for your product.
You can order the spare parts by yourself following the instructions here:
I have a problem with my electric appliance, What should I do?
To receive the help you need in the fastest way, contact directly our service partner. You can find more information here.