Planning service - your personal consultation
With our planning service, you get an all-inclusive, stress-free service package in our stores, Plan and order points or online. Meet our specialists in person or virtually at a prearranged time.
A planning appointment for an online or in-store / Plan and order point consultation will help you when things get complicated. We’ll work together with you to put together a plan and a shopping list – both quickly and easily. Or, if you’ve drawn up a plan already, we can review it and correct any mistakes. To get started on your own, use our online planning tools.
Where do you want to do your planning?
Take us up on our offer of a free planning appointment at one of our stores or online.
Planning at an IKEA location
Meet with our specialists for an appointment at an IKEA store or an IKEA Plan & Order point. Want to check out colours and materials? Or try out and compare furniture? This is the ideal option for you.
Once you’ve booked your appointment online, you’ll receive a confirmation email containing all the details. By the end of your appointment, you’ll have a full shopping list ready to go. You can even place your order there and then if you like.
Online planning from any location
We like to keep things flexible, so we offer our planning service online. This means you can attend your appointment in the comfort of your own home or anywhere else. All you need is a PC, laptop or tablet that’s connected to the internet. We’ll send you everything you need to know beforehand in a confirmation email. By the end of your appointment, you’ll have a full shopping list ready to go. You can even place your order there and then if you like.
What do you want to plan?
Wardrobes - Design check
Free, 25 minutes
Do you already have a plan in place? We’ll help you finish it and will answer any questions you may still have.
Beds and mattresses
Free, max. 25 minutes
Do you need a new mattress? Or maybe you have questions about divan beds, slatted frames, mattress toppers, accessories or smaller items of bedroom furniture? Our specialists are on hand to talk about all things sleep.
Other storage solutions
Free, max. 45 minutes
Online and at Plan and order points
We have so many different storage solutions to help you organise any space in your home – even the basement, hallway or garage.
- Get inspired by taking a look at IKEA.ch, browsing through our brochures and trying out our free online planning tools. Take notes on the styles, colours, products and ideas that you like, so we can gain a better understanding of which designs and looks you prefer.
- Select your needs. Do you need help with a particular furniture system? For your home or business? Browse the interior design sections below to find the planning service you need.
- Book an appointment using the relevant link below. You can opt for an appointment for a consultation online or in store or Plan and order point.
- Measure up and make a list. We’ll need details of the relevant space or room. Make a note of the height, width and depth measurements, as well as the positions/dimensions of sockets, doors, windows, etc. Make a list of what you need.
- Bring your measurements, your list of requirements and your style notes to the appointment. A drawing or photo of the room or space is also helpful. We’ll discuss floor plans and solutions in order to put together a plan and a shopping list.
- Take your time to evaluate the plan and think about your next steps. Do you need to make any changes? Start again? Make a purchase now? When you’re ready, visit us online or in store to place your order.
You can book these services in addition to the planning service:
Have your planned products conveniently delivered to your home.Read more
Even more convenient for you: Book our assembly service.Read more
We and our partners install your kitchen professionally with connections.Read more
Pay flexibly with our financing options.Read more