The smallest IKEA store ever has arrived. Download our free IKEA app to make shopping at IKEA even easier.
Discover your benefits:
- Find products quickly and easily and get your individual product recommendations.
- Shop online in comfort, create personalised shopping lists and use Click & Collect.
- Save time and enjoy super-fast shopping at IKEA stores with Shop & Go.
Shop & Go
Now you can Enjoy super-fast shopping at your IKEA store! Scan your products while shopping and save time when paying at the checkout.
How it works:
- When you arrive at the store, you'll find QR codes at the entrance and at designated locations. Scan the code and you’re good to go. If you have the latest version of the IKEA app installed, in your profile you'll find the function where you can select your store.
- Scan the barcodes of the products and add them to your shopping bag or trolley.
- Go to the designated "Shop & Go" checkout, located just inside the checkout area after the self-serve area, and scan your QR code on the spot to complete your payment.
- Choose your preferred payment method and pay for your purchase.
- And it’s done!
Any questions about the Shop & Go function?
Shop & Go briefly explained
The IKEA App offers you all these advantages:
- With the IKEA app, you can order your favourite IKEA products directly online or prepare for when you go shopping in store.
- You can use it to easily compile your own personal favourites lists.
- Be inspired! Your personalised inspiration feed will give you great new inspiration every day
- You’ll always have your IKEA Family card to hand, and will be able to access your profile, shopping list and shopping cart from all your devices.
Download our new app now:
IKEA Family App
Don’t miss out on the following benefits from the IKEA Family App:
- Exciting goodies and features are just waiting for you to discover them.
- While shopping at IKEA, you always have your IKEA Family card handy and enjoy a special shopping experience.
- We will let you know about the latest offers and events in your local IKEA store.
- The app allows you to redeem exclusive vouchers.
- You can access IKEA’s latest restaurant, partner and product offers at any time.
- You can find benefits that are relevant for you by filtering IKEA stores by location and finding a store near you.
There is a little surprise gift waiting for you. Use the links below to download or text Family to 543 for free and we will text the direct link to the IKEA Family app to your phone.
Download the app via Google Play (Android) or the Apple App Store (iOS) for free.
IKEA Place App
Try before you buy. New IKEA Place app makes home furnishing easier.
A better reality
It’s the kind of embarrassing decorating mishap most of us have faced at some time. You choose a beautiful sofa or dining table and excitedly take it home, only to find it doesn’t match the rest of the room. Or it doesn’t quite fit the space you had in mind.
Now that kind of headache is fast becoming a thing of the past, thanks to augmented-reality (AR) technology and some serious IKEA know-how. Launched in the autumn of 2017, the IKEA Place app lets customers see exactly how more than 2,000 furniture items would look – and fit – in their homes.
Accurate down to the millimetre
Michael Valdsgaard explains IKEA Place makes use of Apple’s ARKit augmented reality platform and takes the experience to a whole new level. The app is easier to use and places photorealistic furniture items in the frame at the touch of the screen. Furniture is correctly sized down to the millimetre and you can walk right up and get a close up look at fabrics and colours. Of the 2200 items that can be tried for size, most are larger items found in the living room, such sofas and coffee and dining tables.
Frequently asked questions about Shop & Go
Scanning & products
When you arrive at the IKEA store, you’ll find QR codes at the entrance and at our help points. Scan the code and you’re good to go. If you’ve got the latest version of the IKEA app installed, you'll find the feature in your profile (middle button in the menu at the bottom of the screen). You can choose your IKEA store here.
Yes, you can buy any item in the store with Shop & Go.. For product combinations, please contact a co-worker.
There is no limit to the number of items you can buy.
Shop & Go doesn’t work with orders (goods from the collection point or an order with delivery) at the moment. However, you can pay for your order together with your Shop & Go purchase. Simply scan the order at the Shop & Go checkout after scanning your Shop & Go QR code.
The item can be removed in the app by clicking on "-" in the quantity. You also have the option to remove items at the checkout.
Sometimes it’s difficult to find the barcode to scan on a product.. Co-workers in the IKEA store or at the Shop & Go checkout will be happy to help you with scanning.
No, it’s not currently not possible to pay with Shop & Go at our Swedish food markets.
Checkout & payment
Go to the designated Shop & Go checkout and scan your QR code on the spot to complete your payment.
You'll find the new Shop & Go checkouts just inside the checkout area after the self-service area. Just follow the signs. You can also pay at any other checkout in your IKEA store.
No, unfortunately this isn’t possible yet. We've set up our own "Shop & Go" checkouts for you.
Yes, you can. To pay in cash, please go to one of the traditional checkouts. Our co-workers can scan your Shop & Go QR code there.
During the payment process at the “Shop & Go” checkout, you can select gift card as the payment method.. Just follow the instructions on the screen.
No - if you want to buy a gift card, please just take it with you to the checkout. Our co-workers can also top up your card at the Shop & Go checkout.
We carry out random checks to prevent theft. Thank you for your understanding!
You can return items to customer service in the usual way.
The IKEA app is available for download from the Apple Store for iOS and from the Google Play Store for Android.
The Shop & Go feature is already available in many countries, but not all. If you are an IKEA Family member in another country, the feature may be unavailable.
Yes, you can also use the feature in the app as a guest. However, shopping with your personal profile lets you view your orders, purchases and personal data at any time and keep track of everything.
No, you don’t need to be an IKEA Family member to use the feature in the app. You can shop as a guest or log in with your personal profile.
After paying, please go to our transport desk at customer service to arrange delivery.
To create the Shop & Go QR code for payment, you need internet (Wi-Fi or mobile). Our co-workers at the checkout will be happy to help you so that you can complete your purchase.
To create the Shop & Go QR code for payment, you'll need your smartphone. Our co-workers at the checkout will be happy to help you so that you can complete your purchase.