It is important for us that in any event we explain the following to you:
- We collate your data so that we can enhance your shopping experience at IKEA with your specific wishes in mind and the moment we do this we are always clear about it
- We are open and honest about the data that we obtain from you and why
- We do not exchange your data with third parties unless this is necessary, for example to make an appointment for delivery or assembly
- We respect that your data belongs to you. You can therefore inform us at any time if you no longer consent to us processing your data
- The way in which we handle your data and ensure its safety is entirely in accordance with European law
What data does IKEA obtain from you?
- If you become an IKEA Family member we need your name, postcode, e-mail address and date of birth because you need to be 18 years or older to become a member. And optional we ask for your telephone number and preferred store.
- Your IKEA Family account or online IKEA profile also includes information about when you make a purchase online or visit IKEA.nl
- If you visit IKEA.nl we create tracking cookies on the device by which you visit us (mobile phone, tablet or desktop)
- If you make online purchases at IKEA.nl and pay by credit card, we will carry out a fraud check
- If you phone our Customer Service we will record the call for training purposes
If you use our in-store free IKEA wifi service we will ask you to register the first time so that you do not need to log on every time you visit an IKEA store
General Data Protection Regulation
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Ordinance (AVG), you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data.
What is personal data?
That is all the information that says something about you as a person. Personal details provide information about your identity. This can be done in a direct way, for example your name. But this can also be done indirectly, such as your zip code.
What rights do you have with regard to the processing of your personal data?
Below we indicate which rights you have according to the AVG.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can submit an online request to the customer service via the web form or send a letter to:
T.a.v. Data Privacy Leader
Customer Service Centre
9723 AT Groningen
In addition, you can exercise some of your rights yourself via your IKEA Family account and/or your online IKEA profile. If you feel that your request has not been handled properly or if you have a complaint, please contact us. Then we will try to solve it together with you as soon as possible. You also have the right to submit a complaint to the Personal Data Authority (AP) at any time.
- Right to information
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right of restriction
- Right to object
- Right to data portability
- Right to be forgotten