Every day we work to improve the daily lives of as many people as we can, not just with our products and collections, but also with our services. Sometimes we have to gather information to do this. We don't just gather information because we want to. After all, we're talking about your privacy and we think we should be totally transparent about the whole issue.
Our commitment to customer privacy
In any event, we feel it's important to explain to you the following:
- We gather your data to make your shopping experience at IKEA the very best, paying attention to your specific wishes and always with total transparency.
- We are transparent and honest about the data we collect about you and the reason why we do it.
- We want to offer you a better experience with IKEA, and so we are always looking for ways to surprise you. To do so we need to get to know you better and adapt ourselves to your preferences, personal situation and tastes. When we use your personal information to obtain more complete information about you, we do so in accordance with legislation, and when necessary, we'll ask you for permission to do it.
- We fully understand that your data belongs to you. Therefore, you can tell us at any time if you no longer authorise us to process it.
- We guarantee your security and we process your data in line with European law.
Which personal data do we gather?
Who is the controller of your data?
Why and what do we process your data for?
- Prevent fraud in shopping
- Record your voice to maintain service quality and use the recordings for training purposes.
- Serve you and provide you with the Customer service you require to resolve your queries and questions and resolve any issues you might have.
- Contact you when we launch a safety warning about one of our products.
- Send you quality surveys about the services provided.
- Sending invitations to evaluate IKEA products
- Collect your data when you fill in a complaint or congratulations form.
- Communicate your data to companies in the IKEA Group for internal administration and invoicing purposes, to efficiently manage our databases as well as to provide us with services that enable us to operate on a day-to-day basis and offer our products and services.
When do you provide us with personal data?
- To process and manage your profile in the IKEA FAMILY Club.
- To issue electronic invoices (E-ticket)
- To analyse your shopping habits and history, both online and at IKEA stores, so as to send you personalised and improved offers of IKEA products and services thanks to automatic profile creation.
- To send you advertising from third-party companies linked to IKEA and financing offers from collaborating financial institutions, payment institutions you use to make purchases, and collaborating companies in the insurance, domestic and home furnishing sectors.
- To prepare and/or enrich your profile in order to get to know you better via statistical and mathematical procedures, including obtaining information about you from public sources.
- To check that your data is correct, to correct spelling errors that you might make when completing the forms used and to prevent fraud in membership of the Loyalty Club of IKEA FAMILY.
- To offer a browsing experience that is better adapted to your preferences and presents you with advertising of IKEA products that are adapted to your browsing patterns, using the information we have about you.
- To send you surveys about the products you buy at IKEA
- To improve the IKEA FAMILY Club website and ensure that its contents are presented as effectively as possible on your computer or mobile device.
Which third parties do we share your data with?
- Postal mail workers.
- Email processors.
- Distribution companies.
- Companies working in transport, storage, assembly and installation, apparatus collection and environmental management, waste collection, disassembly and removal of old items.
- Household appliance technical servicing companies
- Payment providers.
- Companies that analyse the use of the IKEA website on behalf of IKEA.
- Companies that personalise the IKEA website.
- Companies that make our Customer Centre accessible via social networks.
- Other companies that provide services to IKEA and that need the data in order to provide those services
- Companies in the IKEA Group, including but not limited to: IKEA IT AB, IKEA Services B.V, IKEA Retail Services AB and IKEA Business Service Centre. However, we have made the relevant agreements with these companies that act as data processors for the safeguarding of your personal data.
Where is your data stored?
Security and confidentiality of your data
How long do we keep your data for?
What should you do with “fake messages”?
- We recommend that you always check who the sender of the email is. You can recognise the official emails of IKEA from the email address of the sender: @IKEA.com or @ikea.es.
- IKEA does not use WhatsApp to send prize promotions.
Do you have any questions or complaints?