Buy back & resell, second life to your furniture
Instead of recycling your old stuff, try the IKEA Buy back & resell service. It’s even more sustainable, and everybody wins. Someone else gets to enjoy your second-hand IKEA furniture. You do something that’s good for your wallet and the planet.
Once you’ve got extra space in your home and credit to spend, why not browse the bargains at your local IKEA store to find a great deal of your own?
The service of repurchase and resale of used furniture will remain available from now on in all our shops
All appraisals carried out from 23rd to 29th November have until 31st August to go to the shops.
How can I sell my used furniture back to IKEA?
Follow the steps below to give your used products a second life.
- Follow the steps of the Buy-back tool below to get a preliminary offer of the second-hand value of your furniture.
- Bring your assembled IKEA furniture, together with the preliminary offer, to your nearest IKEA store. An IKEA co-worker will make a final assessment of your product and confirm the offer. Find stores
- You will get a refund card for the agreed amount to spend in the store.
- Your furniture will then be resold in our second-hand area for the same price as we pay you.
If we are unable to sell your second-hand products, we will dispose of them responsibly and recycle them wherever possible.
Which products does IKEA buy back?
To be eligible for resale, your product must fulfil the following criteria:
- It is an IKEA product and in good, resellable condition
- It is one of the eligible products on the list below
- It is complete and fully functional
- It is properly assembled when returned
- It is clean and unmodified
Products we accept
- All dressers, office drawer cabinets, small structures with drawers, display storage, sideboards
- Bookcases and shelf units
- Small tables
- Multimedia furniture
- Dining tables and desks
- Chairs and stools (not upholstered)
- Chests of drawers
Products we do not accept
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept items from the categories listed below. However, we are always looking for new opportunities to improve our services so do check back in the future.
- Non-IKEA products
- Products that have been used outside including outdoor furniture
- Hacked or modified products
- Mattresses and bed textiles such as blankets and mattress protectors
- Sofas and armchairs
- Other soft furnishings such as pillows, towels, etc.
- Items containing glass
- Kitchens including benchtops, cabinets and fronts
- PAX Wardrobes and accessories
- Other over-sized items
- Appliances or other electrical items
- Children’s and baby product such as cots, mattresses and changing tables
Where can I buy and sell my second-hand IKEA furniture?
List of stores where you can buy or sell second-hand IKEA furniture
- IKEA Jerez
- IKEA Valencia
- IKEA Málaga
- IKEA Sevilla
- IKEA Zaragoza
- IKEA Asturias
- IKEA Barakaldo
- IKEA Valladolid
- IKEA Badalona
- IKEA Gran Vía L'Hospitalet
- IKEA Sabadell
- IKEA A Coruña
- IKEA Alcorcón
- IKEA Ensanche de Vallecas
- IKEA San Sebastián de los Reyes
- IKEA Murcia
How else does IKEA enable me to live more sustainably?
With LED light bulbs, veggie hot dogs and kitchen fronts made of recycled plastic bottles, we want to inspire change. We have a whole area dedicated to sharing ideas about how you can live more sustainably. Take a look!