Kitchen planning service
With IKEA kitchen planning service, we’re ready to help make your dream a reality. We know it’s not always simple and there’s a lot to consider. Whether you want us do it all for you (even interior design) or just check the plan you made, we’re here.
We can help you plan your kitchen either from the comfort of your own home, online or in person. Whether you want to do a little or a lot of planning we have a service to suit your needs.
Kitchen planning service options
Online and in-store kitchen planning
Book a free kitchen planning session and we'll help you plan your kitchen online or in-store. Whether you want to do a little or a lot of planning we have a service to suit your needs. An experienced co-worker in our Kitchen Department will make a kitchen design from scratch based on your measurements, needs and preferences. After the appointment, you'll get: a 3D kitchen design, a parts list/order sketch with a full kitchen quote.
In-home kitchen planning
IKEA has partnered with hipages to connect you to your local planners. Up to 3 hours session in the comfort of your own home. A complete kitchen planning service including an accurate measuring service. Click get quotes below to be directed to hipages.
Already have a plan and ready to purchase? Book an appointment with one of our kitchen specialists to review, finalise and purchase your dream kitchen.
How IKEA kitchen planning service works
Before a kitchen planning meeting
- Get an overview. Check out 5 steps to buying a kitchen to better understand what’s involved in planning a new kitchen from measuring to installing.
- Book an appointment. Use the links above to arrange a one-on-one planning meeting or our tailored interior design service.
- Get inspired and informed. Browse our kitchen inspiration, explore our kitchen styles/products and list your kitchen dreams and frustrations.
- Measure your kitchen space and document required specifications. It’s critical this step is done correctly at the start to avoid costly surprises later.
- Download and complete the kitchen planning meeting checklist. This will help ensure an efficient, productive meeting.
During and after a kitchen planning meeting
- Bring your kitchen measurements, specifications, meeting checklist, dream/frustration lists and favourite inspirational ideas to your planning meeting.
- Let our co-worker take the lead. Together, we’ll tackle everything from finding a door/cabinet front you like to designing a layout that meets your needs and hopes. You'll get a 3D design, a parts list, a kitchen quote and service support, including delivery and installation.
- After your kitchen planning meeting, book in a following purchase appointment to review, finalise and purchase your dream kitchen.
Use the IKEA kitchen planner to design on your own
Approach IKEA kitchen planning like making a new recipe. Getting an overview first is extremely useful, so you don’t skip a step or miss an ingredient. Read these step-by-step instructions in our kitchen planning guide. Or watch our “How to Plan Your IKEA Kitchen” video. Learn more below about our tools and resources to help along the way. And remember, you can always book a free project check or pay for additional services like measuring or interior design
DIY planning with tools and guides
Remote or in-store. Design your new kitchen from the comfort of your home with our online IKEA kitchen planner. Consult our Kitchen Brochure for sample kitchens, select products and smart tips. Refer to our buying guides for in-depth information about appliances, product families and such. Or drop into a store to use the same kitchen planner and see products in person.
Kitchen design check and review
Need help reviewing a kitchen plan you created using our IKEA Kitchen planner? Book an in-store or online kitchen purchase consulation and a kitchen expert will review your design and help you place your order.
They can also arrange delivery and help set you up with a kitchen installer.