How to pay at IKEA
Whether you’re buying a new kitchen or just an IKEA hot dog, there are plenty of payment options. Which one is the best for you depends on where you’re shopping – and what you’re buying. If you're shopping for work, reach out to an IKEA for Business specialist for additional payment options.
Paying at an IKEA store
We accept IKEA Gift cards, all major debit and credit cards, mobile payments like Apple Pay or Google Pay, and cash for payments in our stores. But we know that sometimes, you need help bringing your dreams to life. That’s why we offer a range of finance options to pay bit-by-bit over time, which you can use when shopping in store.
Paying at IKEA.com
Our online payment options are simple and secure. We accept all major Australian credit cards and PayPal. You can also use an IKEA Gift card or an IKEA Refund card when paying online, or spread out your payment using PayPal Pay in 4.
Paying on the IKEA app
You can securely pay through the IKEA app using all major Australian credit cards, PayPal, IKEA Gift cards and IKEA Refund cards, or spread out your payment using PayPal Pay in 4.
IKEA app in-store – skip the lines and track your spend
Use the IKEA app checkout in-store to scan your items as you shop, keep track of your spend, plus skip the lines and enjoy a faster checkout. Simply scan the unique QR code at the checkouts and pay. Make sure you are signed into the app with your IKEA Family to have your membership automatically added to every transaction.
Ways to pay
We accept the following cards when making an IKEA payment online and in store:
- American Express
- MasterCard, credit or debit
- Visa, credit or debit
In addition, the following cards can be used in-store:
- Union Pay
Please note that online purchases need to be completed with an Australian card.
We accept cash payments at our IKEA stores but find that most of our customers prefer to pay digitally.
Not all registers will accept cash, look for signage in the checkout area.
You can use an IKEA Gift card’s value in full or as partial payment towards something you really love. Whether you're shopping in-store or online, just scan or enter the card details by selecting ‘pay with gift card’ when prompted at checkout.
If you’ve been given an IKEA refund card, you can use it to pay in store or online when you find the thing you really want. Whether you are shopping in-store or online, just scan or enter the card details by selecting ‘pay with gift card’ when prompted at checkout.
If you need a little more time to pay for your IKEA purchase, we have options in-store and online to spread your payments out.
In-store and through our remote shopping team, humm 'Big things' and humm90 are available to give you more time for larger purchases.
Online PayPal Pay in 4 is available online for eligible customers.
If you’re ready to make your house a home but need a helping hand, our finance options offer a more flexible way to pay. Have up to 50 months interest free using humm90 to repay your project, for approved applicants only.
We accept the following mobile payment methods when making an IKEA payment in-store:
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay
- Samsung Pay
AliPay and WeChat Pay are available in our Tempe and Rhodes (NSW), and Richmond and Springvale (Vic) stores only.
Make secure payments with PayPal when shopping online. PayPal Pay in 4 is also available for eligible customers.
Donations over $2 are tax-deductible and your instore receipt is proof of donation. Receipts appearing as ‘Donation – RizeUp’ are made to RizeUp Limited (ABN: 64 607 715 588). Receipts appearing as ‘Donation – UNHCR’ are made to Australia for UNHCR (ABN: 35 092 843 322).
IKEA Australia does not accept payment by cheque.
Yes. Sign up to IKEA Business Network and get in contact with an IKEA for Business specialist who can organise your order and provide you with a written quote/invoice and payment options. It's free to join!
All credit card information is transmitted and processed in an extremely secure 256-bit AES encrypted environment, and subject to anti-fraud checks. IKEA does not store cardholder data during the checkout process and we are fully PCI-DSS compliant for online purchases.
3D Secure is a protocol (set of rules) that provides extra protection for customers making online payments. IKEA actively uses ‘Verified by Visa’, ‘Mastercard SecureCode’, and ‘American Express SafeKey’. After submitting your credit card details, a prompt may appear, initiated by your card issuer, that you will need to enter an additional code on.
Here is a summary of what some of the major issuers will ask of their customers:
- AMEX – You may be sent a one-time security code to the registered mobile number and/or email address on your account. For support call AMEX on the 1800 number on the back of your card.
- ANZ – You will be sent a one-time code to the registered mobile number on your account. For support call ANZ on 132 273.
- NAB – You will be required to enter your Online Shopping ID (OSID) located on the back of your card. For support call NAB on 132 265.
- CBA - You will be sent a one-time code to the registered mobile number on your account. For support login to Netbank or call CBA on 132 221.
- WESTPAC - You will be sent a one-time code to the registered mobile number on your account. For support login to Online Banking or call Westpac on 1300 655 505.
- BENDIGO BANK – You will be required to enter your Customer Number. This can be found on your card statement, desktop e-banking or within mobile e-banking. For support call Bendigo Bank on 1300 236 344.
- BANKWEST - You will be sent a one-time code to the registered mobile number on your account. For support call Bankwest on 1300 368 748.
- ST GEORGE – You will be sent a one-time code, or receive a call, to the registered mobile number on your account. For support call St George on 13 33 30.
If your banking institution is not listed above, or if you have any questions regarding 3D Secure, please contact your bank directly for more information.