Cribs & crib mattresses
Safety and comfort for your little one
It's wonderful to be a new parent but it can also be rather scary. That's why our cribs are rigorously tested to ensure they meet the strictest safety standards that exist in the world. Our cribs are durable and stable, and they adjust to fit babies as they grow so quickly. So you can sleep like a baby, too.
Crib mattresses so you sleep like a baby, too
IKEA crib mattresses are free from harmful chemicals and meet strict safety requirements. They allow good air circulation and are firm, which helps provide a safe sleeping environment.
Children’s safety is always our highest priority
IKEA fulfills the strictest standards for cribs around the world and specific standards & regulations to North America. All our children’s products are tested to ensure they comply with the most rigorous criteria in every country where IKEA products are sold. This means, for example, that cribs meet the following demands:
1. No small components that can be removed, or worked loose, to eliminate the risk of choking.
2. Rounded edges and corners.
3. Ventilated crib base to avoid fungal growth.
4. Strong crib base.
5. The gap between the spindels is designed for optimum safety (children cannot get their head stuck between them).
6. Stable, durable construction.
7. Non-toxic materials and surface treatment.