Love IKEA design? Join us at our IKEA Canada Open House experience
Join us for the IKEA Canada Open House on October 13th – 15th from 10am – 4pm.
IKEA Canada Open House is an experience featuring iconic IKEA products. It highlights storage, limited edition collections, and the power of a good night’s sleep and inspires creativity using our new IKEA Kreativ tool to assist you in planning and designing your very own dream space at home.
IKEA Kreativ—your space reimagined
Ready to design your dream home? Bring your ideas to life in mixed reality! Place IKEA furniture and accessories in your own space in lifelike 3D. Share and remix your ideas with friends and family. Imagine that?
The AFTONSPARV collection has landed!
Join the IKEA space program in the biggest playground of them all – your imagination! Featuring astronauts, spaceships, rockets and a glow-in-the-dark curtain, we’re going where anything is possible.
IKEA CANADA – IKEA CANADA OPEN HOUSE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (the "CONTEST RULES") FOR AGE-OF-MAJORITY LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY.
1. The IKEA CANADA OPEN HOUSE CONTEST (the “Contest”) starts on October 13, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and closes on October 15, 2023 at 16:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest sponsor is IKEA Canada Limited Partnership (“IKEA”), a limited partnership formed in the Province of Ontario with an address of 1065 Plains Road East, Burlington, Ontario, L7T 4K1.
2. To enter and to be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Canada who is the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides and is a member of the IKEA Family Program at the time of entry. (You can obtain an IKEA Family Membership free of charge by signing up for the program at https://ikeafamily.ca). Employees, agents, and representatives of IKEA, its partners and associates, its advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members or persons with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. "Immediate family member" means parents, sisters, brothers, children, spouse, husband and wife. IKEA reserves the right to require proof of eligibility, which proof shall be in the form required by IKEA.
3. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Contest Rules. IKEA may disqualify any entry that appears to violate these conditions, or any provision of these Contest Rules.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
4. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. To enter the Contest, entrants must attend the IKEA Canada Open House event (located at 91 Pelham Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M6N 1A5 open from October 13 – 15, 2023 from 10am to 4pm EST) during the Contest Period and complete a Contest entry form (“Entry”) which will require, amongst other things, providing the entrant’s full name, IKEA Family member number and contact information. Entrants must see an IKEA co-worker in order to enter. Entrants will be required to complete a Microsoft Forms entry form in order to enter the Contest, which will be provided by an IKEA co-worker using an iPad on site.
5. Entries must be received by IKEA during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) entry per person (and per IKEA Family card account). IKEA is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries (all of which are void). No other method of entry is allowed. An Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of IKEA) the Entry is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Contest Rules during the Contest Period.
6. If it is discovered by IKEA (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by IKEA) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple email addresses, any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) and/or any other means not in keeping with IKEA’s interpretation of the letter and/or spirit of these Contest Rules to participate in or to disrupt this Contest, then they may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of IKEA.
PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING
7. All dollar amounts contained in these Contest Rules are denominated in Canadian Dollars.
8. There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won, consisting of one (1) $1000 IKEA Gift Card. The total approximate retail value of the Prize is $1000 dollars.
9. The Prizes will be awarded according to the terms set out in these Contest Rules. Odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. If, for any reason, a Prize remains unselected at the end of the Contest Period, IKEA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to draw another entry or entries from eligible entries received.
HOW PRIZES ARE AWARDED
10. The Prizes will be awarded by random draw conducted by IKEA which shall take place on October 16, 2023 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 10:00:00 a.m. ET at the IKEA Canada Service Office (1065 Plains Road East, Burlington, Ontario L7T 4K1). One (1) eligible entry will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received in accordance with these Contest Rules as the potential Prize winner.
11. Attempts will be made to contact the selected entrants as indicated above within five (5) days following the Draw Date via the contact information provided in the Entry to provide instructions on how to claim his/her Prize, including details on the administration of the skill-testing question and the Prize Claim Form (as defined below). In the event that a selected entrant cannot be contacted within the specified amount of time described above, is not eligible, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question within the time limit, does not sign and return the Prize Claim Form within the specified time, if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable or if a selected entrant does not otherwise comply with the Contest Rules, IKEA shall have the right to disqualify that selected entrant, in which case he/she will not receive any Prize and shall forfeit all rights to the Prize, and the Released Parties (as defined below) shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. In such event, IKEA may, at its sole and absolute discretion, randomly select an alternative entry from the remaining eligible entries received and proceed with the selected winner notification and qualification procedure outlined above (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant).
12. BEFORE BEING DECLARED AS A CONFIRMED WINNER, each selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within five (5) days of notification the Prize Claim Form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases IKEA and all of the other Released Parties (as defined below) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, their participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the use of his/her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement, image or likeness for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, without further notice or compensation and agrees to confirm said specific consent to such use.
PRIZE CLAIM FORM
13. Prize Claim Forms will include IKEA’s form of release, waiver and indemnity that allows IKEA to publish the selected winner's name in potential future advertisements and confirms the entrant’s acceptance and compliance with these Contest Rules, acceptance of the Prize as offered, and acknowledgment that IKEA and all or any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising or promotional agencies, administrators, employees, agents, representatives and participating service providers (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not responsible for any claims arising out of any matter related to the Contest or the Prize.
14. The Prize Claim Form will also include a mathematical skill-testing question. Prior to being declared a winner of a Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, the mathematical skill-testing question located on the Prize Claim Form.
15. Completed and signed Prize Claim Forms must be provided to IKEA within the specified time prior to being confirmed as a winner or receiving any Prize. All Prize Claim Forms become the property of IKEA, and none will be returned. Prize Claim Forms obtained from unauthorized sources, or which are illegible, mutilated, altered, forged, counterfeited or irregular in any way are void.
16. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash (except at IKEA’s sole and absolute discretion). Subject to any applicable legislation, IKEA reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize, in whole or in part, for a prize of equal or greater value, including but not limited to a cash reward, for any reason including due to the Prize being unavailable or for any circumstances beyond its control. The refusal to accept any Prize releases and forever discharges the IKEA and the other Released Parties from all obligations related to the Prize, including delivery. None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each winner understands and acknowledges that they may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either IKEA or any of the other Released Parties should a Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory.
17. IKEA shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes. Prizes are subject to additional terms and conditions as specified on each Gift Card or Gift Certificate.
18. None of the Released Parties assumes any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data, or any combination thereof, including any damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer or to any cellular phone or other property related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials relating to this Contest. For greater certainty, and without limitation, IKEA nor any of the other Released Parties is responsible if the address, email address, or telephone number given by an entrant is incorrect, disconnected or no longer in service. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. The released parties are not responsible for anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or selected entrant. If, for any reason, in the opinion of IKEA, the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond its control, IKEA may, in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest (or to amend these Contest Rules) without notice. In the event of cancellation, any remaining Prize still to be won will, in IKEA’s sole discretion, be deemed expired and void and will be ineligible for Contest play, and, without limiting any other provision of these Contest Rules, the Released Parties shall not have any further liability with respect thereto.
20. All entries are subject to verification at any time. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server(s).
21. No communications will be entered into except with potential Prize winners.
22. All decisions of IKEA with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entrants or entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest. Entrants, including winners, agree to release, forever discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of a Prize.
23. This Contest away is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
24. Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and IKEA in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to any conflict of law issues.