Kitchen planning service
With IKEA kitchen planning service, we’re ready to help make your dream a reality. We know it’s not always simple and there’s a lot to consider. Whether you want us do it all for you or just check the plan you made, we’re here.
Due to the industry-wide impacts of COVID-19 on the supply chain, we are currently experiencing significant delays with our kitchen cabinets and fronts. While we continue working closely with our suppliers and partners to replenish stock as quickly as possible, we cannot estimate wait times, nor can we guarantee complete availability if you choose to move forward with your kitchen purchase today.
Through our $39 IKEA kitchen planning service, you meet with a kitchen expert (in-store or remotely) to create a new, custom plan. You’ll receive a 3D design, product lists and add-on service estimates. It’s our way of making the process as easy as pie. There’s always free, DIY planning, too, and we’ve gathered all sorts of guides to help you.
Kitchen planning service options and pricing
Online kitchen planning
Don’t live near an IKEA? Our online planning service is perfect for you and you don’t even need to leave your home. Our kitchen experts will plan your kitchen with you over the internet.
Please note online kitchen planning service is only available between 9am – 9pm.
Remote Kitchen Planning services include:
• One-on-one, for $39 up to 2 hour scheduled consultation with a kitchen planner.
• Space planning and the design of 1 room. 3D, wall specs and elevation drawings will be provided.
• Design explanation based on client feedback.
• Installation Price Quote
Please note - Our kitchen experts can only support with a new kitchen plan. They are unable to support with old or existing kitchen plans. They are unable to provide information regarding your kitchen order status, or provide information about returning your kitchen. You can find information about your order on the order information page. Returns information can be found here.
In-store kitchen planning
You have 2 options to choose from.
1. In-store assisted self-planning, no appointment necessary. Find a location.
2. A scheduled one-on-one kitchen planning appointment with a kitchen expert for $39 up to 2 hours. Book now.
In-store assisted self-planning
Drop-in to an IKEA store and we can assist you with your kitchen plans for no charge.
In store one-on-one planning
If you prefer, you can schedule a one-on-one in-store planning appointment with one of our kitchen experts for $39 up to 2 hours.
How IKEA kitchen planning service works
Before a kitchen planning meeting
- Get an overview. Check out 5 steps to buying a kitchen to better understand what’s involved in planning a new kitchen from measuring to installing.
- Book an appointment. Use the links below to arrange a one-on-one planning meeting or our tailored interior design service.
- Get inspired and informed. Browse our kitchen inspiration, explore our kitchen styles and products and list your kitchen dreams and frustrations.
- Measure your kitchen space and document required specifications. It’s critical this step is done correctly at the start to avoid costly surprises later. Learn about our kitchen measuring service.
- Download and complete the kitchen planning meeting checklist. This will help ensure an efficient, productive meeting.
During and after a kitchen planning meeting
- Bring your kitchen measurements, specifications, meeting checklist, dream/frustration lists and favourite inspirational ideas to your planning meeting.
- Let our co-worker take the lead. Together, we’ll tackle everything from finding a door/cabinet front you like to designing a layout that meets your needs and hopes. You’ll get a 3D design, a parts list, a kitchen quote and estimates for additional services that can make life even easier (like delivery and installation).
Use the IKEA kitchen planner to design on your own
Approach IKEA kitchen planning like making a new recipe. Getting an overview first is extremely useful, so you don’t skip a step or miss an ingredient. Read these step-by-step instructions in our kitchen planning guide. Or watch our “How to Plan Your IKEA Kitchen” video. Learn more below about our tools and resources to help along the way. And remember, you can always book a free project check or pay for additional services like measuring or interior design.
DIY planning with tools and guides
Remote or in-store. Design your new kitchen from the comfort of your home with our online IKEA kitchen planner. Consult our Kitchen Brochure for sample kitchens, select products and smart tips. Refer to our buying guides for in-depth information about appliances, product families and such. Or drop in to a store to use the same kitchen planner and see products in person.
Need help from home to review a kitchen plan you created using our free IKEA Kitchen planning program? Complete the contact form and a kitchen expert will call to review your design and answer your questions before you place your order.
They can also provide you a free countertop quote to ensure you have all the finishing touches for your dream kitchen.
Please note, our kitchen experts can only help with an existing plan. If you require a kitchen planning appointment you can view all our planning options
here. You can find information regarding your existing order on the order information and returns pages.