Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity is a key to success, diversity comes in all shapes and sizes.
Being ourselves, and contributing with our uniqueness, makes us all grow.
At Ingka group, we welcome all dimensions of diversity. A diverse and inclusive workplace is good for our co-workers, for our customers and our business.
We strive to have a diverse and inclusive work environment where co-workers feel valued for their uniqueness, recognized for their diverse talents, and where they can be themselves.
Caring for People and Diversity & Inclusion are embedded in our values and in our vision. We believe in creating a work environment where all co-workers feel welcomed, respected, supported and appreciated, no matter who they are or where they come from.
At IKEA, this means building collaborative ways of working and practicing inclusive behaviors every day. It is about making the most of our differences.
We believe the uniqueness of every individual makes IKEA better
Inclusion is everyone’s responsibility
An ally of LGBTQ+ inclusion
We support our LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender + all other sexual orientations and gender identities) co-workers´ right to be themselves. Our aim is to create a fully inclusive work environment and to provide equal opportunities for all, contributing to a positive change in all areas of our business and in society.
How we ensure LGBTQ+ inclusion
- To ensure that our entire company creates a workplace and environment that welcomes people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, we have a global LGBTQ+ inclusion plan.
- We co-created and endorsed the UN Standards of Conduct on tackling discrimination against LGBTQ+ people in the workplace and in the community.
- We are members of Workplace Pride Foundation and Stonewall, two organizations focused on LGBTQ+ inclusion in the workplace.
- We are also a member of Open for Business, a business coalition for advancing LGBTQ+ inclusion and providing a response to the growing backlash against LGBTQ+ inclusion in many parts of the world.
- In 2021, we adopted the Progress Flag, which symbolizes the need to be inclusive of the many identities within the LGBTQ+ community– something we fully support at IKEA.
- Over 3.5 million rainbow bags in 26 countries have been sold since 2019, with a portion of the profits going to LGBTQ+ organizations.
Building a gender equal business
We’re committed to reaching true gender equality – we believe that everyone has the right to be treated fairly and given equal opportunities, no matter what their gender, and that greater gender balance benefits everyone.
We’re members of the Equal Pay International Coalition (EPIC) and have pledged to secure gender equal pay throughout INGKA Group. Therefore, whatever the role or position, everyone should expect to be paid equally for work of equal value.
Legal & Governance
You help us stay on track and in line in a changing world. You love harmonizing local and international law with the best interests of IKEA and its customers. Your diligence keeps our business on top of the legalities and guidelines governance requires. Your integrity is unquestioned, your capacity is vast and your dedication to detail is vital.
Marketing & Communication
You are the IKEA voice. In every place and in every channel where IKEA speaks. In words. In pictures. And maybe in virtual worlds and more. Your mission is to build the brand and inspire people to find value in all we have to offer. And to keep your fellow co-workers informed, engaged and connected in a constantly changing business environment.
People & HR
You support the IKEA business through people processes based on the IKEA values and a unique view on people. You believe different experiences and backgrounds collectively make us wiser and stronger. You work hard to bring the best people on board. And you create a sturdy foundation for them to bloom into their best selves as they build the business too. You believe in people.
Logistics & Supply Chain
Getting this from here to there. Or ten thousand of these to all of those places. You thrive on the strategic and tactical challenge it takes to assure availability of IKEA products and range all around the world at the highest quality and lowest possible cost. Making sure customers can buy BILLY online in the morning and have it at home by the time they go to bed.
Material & Innovation
Who would ever think of such a thing? Well...you would! You delve deep into emerging technologies and materials. You develop solutions and build the platforms that will define the IKEA range in the decades to come. Sustainable, attractive, compatible, healthy and safe. All to deliver products that really do make IKEA customers' lives better.