The IKEA sustainability strategy – making a real difference
The planet is our only home. And our home needs us now more than ever. Inequality risks making it unaffordable. Intolerance risks making it unwelcome. And climate change, uninhabitable. But home has always been what we make of it. And we’re determined to help a billion people live better everyday lives.
Becoming People & Planet Positive
We have big ambitions for 2030. Together with co-workers, customers, and partners the world over, we are tackling climate change, unsustainable consumption, and inequality. Our three major focus areas are:
1. Healthy & sustainable living
Inspiring and enabling more than 1 billion people to live better lives within the limits of the planet.
2. Circular & climate positive
Becoming climate positive and regenerating resources while growing the IKEA business.
3. Fair & equal
Creating a positive social impact for everyone across the IKEA value chain.
Some examples of how we plan on reaching our goals
- Giving IKEA furniture a second life
- Creating a global clean energy community
- Introducing more good food that’s good for the planet
- Aiming to be 100% powered by renewable energy across the entire IKEA value chain
- Offering zero-emission home deliveries, everywhere
- Supporting refugees around the world
- Working with social entrepreneurs
- Promoting gender balance and equal pay
Want to know more?
Take a look at People & Planet Positive – the IKEA sustainability strategy.