Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 2 (Definition)
(i) “Service” means all goods and services provided by IKEA to Members through the Web Homepage, Application or Mobile Homepage, regardless of devices (including PCs, TVs, mobile devices such as smart phones and other various wired and wireless devices) used to access goods and services.
(iii) “ID” means a combination of letters and numbers created by Members and consented by IKEA for the identification of Members and the use of the Services, or e-mail addresses.
(iv) “Password” means a combination of letters and numbers created by Members and consented by IKEA for the confirmation of identity of Members and the protection of member information.
(v) “Shopping Mall” means the virtual store in the Web Homepage, Application or Mobile Homepage through which the Service of the sale of products is provided to Members.
Article 4 (Relationship with Applicable Laws)
Chapter 2 Service Use Agreement and Membership Application
Article 5 (Service Use Agreement)
3. The expression of consent under Paragraph 2 will be displayed on the screen of a device that uses the Service or notified to the applicant by e-mail or other methods. The service use agreement shall be deemed formed at the time of delivery of IKEA’s consent to the applicant.
Article 6 (Application for Membership Subscription)
1. Persons who can subscribe as Members are restricted to individuals over the age of fourteen (14).
2. Any customer who desires to subscribe as member must state his/her name (surname, first name), mobile phone number, e-mail address and password in accordance with the subscription application form provided by IKEA.
3. Any customer who desires to subscribe as member must apply using real name, and any person who subscribed as member using a name that is not his/her real name or a third party’s information may not use the Services and may be punishable by applicable laws.
4. Member’s ID may be used one (1) per each customer.
Article 7 (Acceptance of Application)
1. In the event a customer applies for membership subscription in accordance with Article 6, IKEA must accept such application, unless there is a special circumstance; provided that, IKEA may refuse to accept the application for membership subscription in case of any of the following:
(i) In the event a customer under the age of fourteen (14) applies for membership;
(ii) In the event an application for membership is submitted using the name and e-mail address that is the same as the current Member;
(iii) In the event the re-subscription is restricted pursuant to Article 8, Paragraph 1, Item 3;
(iv) In the event a customer whose membership was suspended by IKEA pursuant to Article 8, Paragraph 2 applies again for the membership;
(v) In the event a Member voluntarily terminates the use agreement during the period in which IKEA determines whether to terminate the use agreement by obtaining statement of opinion from the Member, etc. pursuant to Article 8, Paragraph 2 and re-applies for membership;
(vi) In the event a false information or an error was stated or a statement is omitted at the time of subscription for membership; or
(viii) In the event the acceptance of an application for membership is practically difficult from a technical standpoint.
2. In case of any of the following, IKEA may defer acceptance of the application for membership. In such case, IKEA will display the matters concerning the reason for deferring acceptance, request for additional information, etc., on the device that uses the Web Homepage, Mobile Homepage or Applications or notify the customer by e-mail or other methods.
(i) In the event the additional membership subscription is difficult for equipment or facility restrictions;
(ii) In the event where technical problems have occurred in relation to the membership subscription procedures; or
(iii) Any other circumstances in which IKEA deemed necessary to defer the acceptance of membership subscription.
Article 8 (Termination of Service Use Agreement)
1. Any member may withdraw as member at any time in accordance with any of the following and terminate the service use agreement.
(i) Members that desire to withdraw as member must follow the withdrawal procedure determined by IKEA.
(ii) The effectiveness of withdrawal under Paragraph 1 will be effective upon the notice to IKEA of the Member’s intent to withdraw and IKEA’s completion of the withdrawal procedure.
(iv) In the event a customer who withdrew as Member applies for re-subscription, the customer in principle must use the ID that is the same as the ID used prior to the withdrawal; provided that, the customer may subscribe under another ID if his/her member information has been discarded as the result of membership withdrawal.
2. IKEA may terminate the service use agreement in case of any of the following. In such case, IKEA will notify the Member by e-mail, telephone, fax or other means by setting forth the reason for termination. In such case, IKEA may provide the concerned Member with an opportunity in advance to state his/her opinion on the reason for termination. In such case, IKEA shall provide the concerned Member with an opportunity at least thirty (3) days in advance to state his/her opinion.
(i) In the event where it has been confirmed that there is a reason to refuse application to use in accordance with Article 7, Paragraph 1 with respect to a Member;
(ii) In the event where a Member committed any act against the public order or morals;
(iii) In the event where a Member committed any act which infringes the rights, reputation, credibility or other fair benefits of IKEA, other Members or any other person;
(iv) In the event where a Member committed, or attempted to commit, any act which interferes with the smooth operation of the Services provided by IKEA;
(v) In the event where the proper use of Services is impossible or difficult for reasons such as decision or order of rehabilitation or bankruptcy, decision of adult guardianship, limited guardianship or special guardianship, death, declaration of disappearance, dissolution, insolvency, etc. (provided that, in such case, IKEA may take other measures such as suspending the membership or restricting the use of the Services, instead of terminating the use service agreement, for the protection of safety of transaction);
3. The termination in accordance with Paragraph 2 will be effective upon the delivery of IKEA’s intent to terminate to the Member; provided that, in case where IKEA cannot notify its intent to terminate due to false contact information provided by the Member at the time of membership subscription, etc., the termination will be effective upon the notice of its intent to terminate on the personal information menu of the concerned Member.
Article 9 (Collection and Protection of Member Information)
1. IKEA may process personal information of Members in accordance with applicable laws such as the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. and the Personal Information Protection Act.
Article 10 (Change of Member Information)
1. In the event any information stated at the time of membership subscription is wrong or changed, the Members must immediately change the relevant information through “My Information Management” page; provided that, ID and e-mail information cannot be changed.
2. The Members must immediately provide evidentiary material for the information changed in accordance with Paragraph 1, if requested by IKEA.
Article 11 (Management of ID and E-mail Information)
1. The Members are responsible for the management of ID, e-mail and Password and cannot assign or lend his/her ID, e-mail or Password to a third party.
2. IKEA will not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from leakage, assignment, lending of ID, e-mail or Password due to a reason not attributable to IKEA.
3. In the event any Member becomes aware that his/her ID, e-mail or Password has been stolen or is used by a third party, the Member must immediately notify IKEA and comply with the instruction of IKEA, if any.
Article 12 (Notification by E-mail)
1. IKEA’s notice to Members shall be deemed delivered at the time of delivery of e-mail entered at the time of member subscription, and IKEA will not be responsible for any losses caused by failure to change e-mail information, non-delivery of e-mail due to problems of e-mail service providers or incorrect change.
2. In the event a Member causes damages to IKEA as the result of Member’s intent or negligence in failure to change any changed information or in changing any information to false information, the Member will be responsible to compensate for such damages.
3. When addressed to many or unspecified Members, IKEA may provide a notice by displaying it on the main page of the Web Homepage, Mobile Homepage and Application through which the Service is provided for a period of one (1) week or longer in lieu of sending an e-mail to each such Member, in which case the notice shall be deemed delivered upon the lapse of such period.
Chapter 3 Use of Shopping Mall
Article 13 (Provision and Change of the Service for the Shopping Mall)
1. IKEA will perform the following acts in connection with the operation of the Shopping Mall.
(i) Provision of information on goods or services and entering into of purchase agreements;
(ii) Delivery of goods or services for which a purchase agreement is entered into;
(iii) any other services determined by IKEA.
2. In the event of any change in the quality or technical specifications of goods or services, IKEA may change the goods or services that will be supplied under a purchase agreement to be entered into. In such case, the details of such change must be immediately announced in the place where the existing goods or services are described.
3. In the event IKEA changes the details of service which IKEA agrees to provide under a purchase agreement as relevant goods are out of stock or there is change in technical specifications, etc. IKEA will immediately notify the concerned Member of the reason for change.
4. In the event IKEA’s change under the preceding paragraph causes damage to the Member, IKEA will be responsible to compensate the Member for such damage, except where IKEA proves that there is no intentional act or negligence on the part of IKEA.
Article 14 (Suspension of Service)
1. IKEA may suspend the Service on a temporary basis to repair or inspect or replace a computer system or other telecommunication systems or in the event of a communications interruption, etc.
2. In the event IKEA’s temporary suspension of Service under Paragraph 1 causes damage to a Member or a third party, IKEA will be responsible to compensate the Member or the third party for such damages, except whether IKEA proves that there is no intentional act or negligence on the part of IKEA.
3. In the event IKEA is no longer able to provide the Service as it changes or closes the concerned business or is consolidated with another business, IKEA shall notify the Members in a manner provided in Article 12 and compensate the Members in accordance with the compensation policy originally offered by the Shopping Mall; provided, however, that if IKEA has not notified the Members of any such compensation policy, IKEA shall make an in-kind or cash payment equivalent to the currency value of their mileage or accumulated points as used in the Shopping Mall.
Article 15 (Order and Purchase Agreement)
1. A Member who uses the Shopping Mall will place an order in the following manner, and IKEA will provide each of the following matters in such a manner that the Members understand them easily:
(i) to search and select goods;
(ii) to enter the categories of personal information requested by IKEA;
(v) to place an order of goods and confirm the order.
2. In the event IKEA intends to provide personal information of a purchaser to a third party, IKEA shall notify the purchaser of (i) the recipient of personal information, (ii) purpose of use of personal information by the recipient, (iii) categories of personal information that will be provided to the recipient and (iv) period of retention and use of personal information by the recipient, and obtain the consent of the purchaser (the same will apply when there is any change in the above matters).
4. In the event a customer places an order under Paragraph 1, IKEA may refuse to accept the order in any of the following cases; provided, however, that if IKEA enters into a purchase agreement with a minor, it must be notified to the minor that the minor or his/her legal representative may cancel the purchase agreement if his/her legal representative does not consent.
(i) In the event the order contains a false information, error or omission of statement;
(ii) In the event a minor purchases cigarettes, alcoholic beverages or any other goods whose sale to a minor is prohibited under the applicable laws;
(iii) In the event the acceptance of an order is practically difficult from a technical standpoint.
5. A purchase agreement shall be deemed entered into at the time of delivery of IKEA’s acceptance of the order to the Member through confirming the receipt of the order as set forth in Article 17, Paragraph 1.
6. IKEA’s acceptance of an order shall include the confirmation of the Member’s order, product availability, information on the cancellation or change of the order, etc.
Article 16 (Payment Method)
The price of goods or services purchased in the Shopping Mall may be paid in any of the following methods; provided, however, that IKEA may not add or collect a commission on or other fees in addition to the price of goods or services based on any payment method used by the Member.
(i) Payment by a check/debit card, credit card.
Article 17 (Confirmation of Receipt of Order; Change or Cancellation of Order)
1. When a Member places an order, IKEA shall confirm to the Member the receipt of the order.
2. In the event the Member detects any inconsistency in the confirmation of receipt, he/she may make a request for change or cancelation of the order immediately after receiving the confirmation of receipt, in which case IKEA shall handle the order according to such request if made before delivery; provided, however, that if the price of the concerned product has already been paid, the provisions of Article 20 (Cancellation of Order) will apply.
Article 18 (Supply of Goods, etc.)
1. IKEA shall arrange the packaging, custom work and other necessary steps for the product ordered by a Member to be delivered within 7 days after entering into the purchase agreement, unless otherwise agreed by IKEA and the Member respect to the delivery schedule; provided, however, that in the event the price of the product is paid fully or partially, IKEA shall complete the above steps within three (3) days from receipt of the payment. IKEA shall implement measures to allow the Members to check the delivery process and status.
2. IKEA shall specify the delivery method and the delivery fee and delivery period for each delivery method, etc. for the product purchased by a Member. If IKEA fails to deliver the product by the contractual delivery date, IKEA will be responsible to compensate the Member of any resulting damage, except where IKEA proves that there is no intentional act or negligence on the part of IKEA.
Article 19 (Refund)
In the event IKEA is not able to supply or deliver the product ordered by a Member as it is out of stock or for another reason, IKEA shall promptly notify the Member of the reason and if the Product has already been paid for, IKEA shall refund or take action necessary to refund the paid amount within three (3) business days from the date of knowledge of such reason.
Article 20 (Cancellation of Order)
1. A Member who has entered into a purchase agreement with IKEA may cancel the order relating to the relevant product within seven (7) days from the date on which a document on the details of the purchase agreement is provided (or from the date on which the relevant product is supplied if the product is supplied after the provision of such a document) under Article 13, Paragraph 2 of the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, subject to the provisions of the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce concerning cancellation of orders.
2. After the product ordered is delivered to a Member, the Member may not return the product for an exchange or refund in any of the following cases.
(i) In case the product is destroyed or damaged due to a cause attributable to the Member (provided that this shall not apply where the package has been damaged to confirm the contents of the product);
(ii) In case the value of the product has substantially decreased as it has been used or partially consumed by the Member;
(iii) In case the value of the product has substantially decreased as to cause difficulty in resale due to the elapse of time;
(iv) In case the package of the reproducible product has been destroyed;
(v) In case service or digital content as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 5 of the Framework Act on the Promotion of Cultural Industries is supplied; provided, however, that this will not be applicable to the part that has not yet been provided when the purchase contract is for severable service or severable digital content;
(vi) In case the relevant product is custom-made pursuant to the Member’s order and IKEA is expected to suffer irreparable material damage if the Member is entitled to cancel the order, if IKEA has notified the Member that IKEA will not accept return on the product and obtained the Member’s consent thereto in writing (including electronic document) in advance.
3. The provisions of Paragraph 2, Items 2 through 6 will not apply if IKEA fails to specify such limitations on the cancellation of orders in a place where the Members can easily recognize.
4. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraphs 1 and 2, if the product does not conform to the contents of the label or advertisement or to the terms of the relevant agreement, the Member is entitled to cancel the order within three (3) months from the delivery date or within thirty (30) days from the date on which the Member knew or reasonably should have known such non-conformity.
Article 21 (Effect of Cancellation)
1. In the event IKEA receives a product returned by a Member, IKEA shall refund the price of the product within three (3) business days from the date of receipt of the returned product. If IKEA delays the refund of the price of the product, IKEA shall pay interest calculated by multiplying a delayed period by the interest rate as prescribed by Article 21-3 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce.
2. In refunding the price of the product under Paragraph 1 above, when the Member paid the price of the product with a credit card or digital money, IKEA shall promptly request a business operator who has supplied the relevant payment method to stop or cancel the request for the price of the product.
3. If a Member cancels an order of a product, the shipping fees to return the supplied product shall be borne by the Member. IKEA will not request a Member to pay any cancellation charge or damages on the ground of the Member’s cancellation of an order. However, if a Member cancels an order of a product and returns the product as the product does not conform to the contents of the label or advertisement or to the terms of the relevant contract, the shopping fees to return the supplied product shall be borne by IKEA.
4. IKEA shall specify which party will bear the shipping fees to return a supplied product if the relevant order is cancelled in a way that the Members can easily recognize the same.
Article 22 (Personal Information Protection)
1. In collecting personal information of the Members, IKEA will collect the minimum necessary personal information of the Members that is necessary to provide the Service.
2. IKEA will not collect information that is necessary to perform a purchase agreement at the time when a person subscribes as Member; provided, however, that this will not apply when it is necessary to verify the identity of the relevant person before entering into a purchase agreement to perform an obligation under the applicable laws and certain minimum personal information is collected.
3. When collecting and using Members’ personal information, IKEA shall notify the relevant Members of the purpose of collection and use and obtain their consents.
4. IKEA will not use the Members’ personal information collected for any purpose other than the purposes to which the relevant Members have consented, and if IKEA intends to use Members’ personal information for a new purpose or provide Members’ personal information to a third party, IKEA shall notify the relevant Members of such use and/or provision and obtain their consents in advance, unless otherwise provided by the applicable laws.
5. When IKEA is required to obtain Members’ consents pursuant to Paragraph 3 or Paragraph 4, IKEA shall notify the Members of or announce the matters prescribed by Article 22, Paragraph 2 of the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., which include the identity of the personal information manager (including the division, name, telephone number, etc.), the purpose of collecting and using their personal information in advance, and information concerning the provision of personal data to third parties, and the Members are entitled to withdraw their consents at any time.
6. A Member may at any time have access to or request IKEA to correct his/her personal information retained by IKEA, and in response IKEA shall without delay take necessary action. In the event a Member makes a request for correction of his/her personal information, IKEA will not use the relevant personal information until it has been corrected.
7. IKEA will limit the persons who are authorized to handle the Members’ personal information at the minimum number to protect their personal information and will be responsible for all damages as a result of a loss, theft, leakage, unauthorized transfer and falsification of the Members’ personal information including credit card and account information.
8. IKEA (or any third party that has received Members’ personal information) shall destroy the Members’ personal information without delay upon the accomplishment of the purpose of collecting (or receiving) such personal information.
9. IKEA will not set the checkbox for obtaining a Member’s consent to the collection, use and transfer of his/her personal information checked beforehand. IKEA will specify the details of any services whose usage is restricted in the event of a Member’s refusal to give the consent. IKEA will not limit the Service or refuse to provide the Service to a Member on the ground that the Member refuses to give the consent to the collection, use and transfer of his/her personal information that is not absolutely required.
Article 23 (Obligations of IKEA)
2. IKEA shall have a security system to protect the Members’ personal information (including their credit information) so that the Members can use the Internet services safely.
3. In the event a Member suffers damage as a result of an unfair labeling or advertising act of IKEA with respect to goods or services in light of the applicable laws, IKEA shall compensate the Member for such damage.
4. IKEA shall not send a Member any unwanted advertising e-mail.
Article 24 (Obligations of the Members)
A Member shall not conduct any of the following acts:
1. to register false information at the time of placing or changing an order;
2. to make an authorized use of other person’s information;
3. to alter information displayed in the Shopping Mall;
4. to transmit or display any information (such as computer programs) other than the information determined by IKEA;
5. to infringe any copyright or other intellectual property rights of IKEA or any third party;
6. to damage the reputation or interrupt the business of IKEA or a third party;
7. to disclose or display an obscene or violent message, video or sound or any other information that is against the good public order and customs in the Shopping Mall.
Chapter 4 Miscellaneous
Article 25 (Copyright)
1. The copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the works created by IKEA are owned by IKEA.
2. Of the information obtained by a Member during the course of using the Shopping Mall, the Member shall not reproduce, transmit, publish, distribute, broadcast, or use or cause another to use for commercial purpose, information whose intellectual property right belong to IKEA without the prior written consent of IKEA.
3. In using a work whose copyright belongs to a Member, IKEA shall notify the Member in accordance with the relevant agreement.
Article 26 (Damages)
1. In the event of any damage incurred by a Member with respect to the performance of the use agreement due to the reason attributable to IKEA, its employee, agent or subcontractors, consignees or other persons that performs the use agreement on behalf of IKEA, IKEA will be liable to compensate such damages incurred by the Member.
2. In the event of any damage incurred by IKEA with respect to the performance of the use agreement due to the reason attributable to a Member, its employee, agent or subcontractors, consignees or other persons that performs the use agreement on behalf of the Member, the Member will be held liable to compensate such damages incurred by the IKEA.
Article 27 (Indemnification of IKEA)
1. In the event IKEA cannot temporarily or permanently cannot provide the Services due to natural disaster or any equivalent event of force majeure or any reason not attributable to IKEA such as maintenance or inspection, replacement, breakdown or communication interruption of information and communication facilities, IKEA will not be held liable for any damages incurred by the Members.
2. IKEA will not be held liable for the disruption in use of the Services due to the reason attributable to the Members.
Article 28 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
2. In the event of any dispute between IKEA and the Members, the parties shall discuss to amicably resolve such issue, and if cannot be amicably resolved, such dispute shall be finally resolved by litigation before the court of the Republic of Korea.
3. The litigation under Paragraph 2 shall be in accordance with the Civil Procedure Act.
Article 29 (Handling Customer Complaints)
1. The Members may deal with any inconvenience while using Services or complaints through customer center (1670-4532) operated by IKEA.
2. In the event where IKEA determines that the complaints or opinions raised by the Members in accordance with Paragraph 1 is reasonable, IKEA will promptly process such complaints or opinions and will notify its process within three (3) business days and notify the result of investigation and the measures therefor within ten (10) business days, unless there is a special circumstance.
This Term of Use will be effective as of 07. 16. 2018.