Buy back & resell
Give a second life to your IKEA product
Instead of recycling your old stuff, try the IKEA Buy back & resell service. It’s even more sustainable, and everybody wins. Someone else gets to enjoy your second-hand IKEA furniture. You do something that’s good for your wallet and the planet.
Once you’ve got extra space in your home and credit to spend, why not browse the bargains at your local IKEA store to find a great deal of your own?
How can I sell my used furniture back to IKEA?
Follow the steps below to give your used products a second life.
- Follow the steps of the Buy-back tool below to get a preliminary offer of the second-hand value of your furniture. This offer will be valid 30 days.
- Bring your assembled IKEA furniture, together with the preliminary offer, to your nearest IKEA store. An IKEA co-worker will make a final assessment of your product and confirm the offer.
- You will get a refund card for the agreed amount to spend in the store. This card is valid for 36 months.
- Your furniture will then be resold in our second-hand area for the same price as we pay you, plus VAT.
If we are unable to sell your second-hand products, we will dispose of them responsibly and recycle them wherever possible.
The buyback service is currently for personal home products only, and the number of products used is limited to up to three per person per day.
Which products does IKEA buy back?
Unfortunately, not all products are available for buy back. If the product you are trying to register falls under the 'Unreceptionable Products' category below, we cannot accept it. IKEA is always committed to improving its services, so the list can be changed anytime.
The product you wish to buy back must be labeled or ingraved to identify it as an IKEA product.
Products we accept
- It is an IKEA product and in good, resellable condition
- It is complete and fully functional
- It is properly assembled when returned
- It is clean and unmodified
- All dressers, office drawer cabinets, small structures with drawers, display storage, sideboards, chests of drawers
- Bookcases and shelf units
- Small tables
- Multimedia furniture
- Dining tables and desks
- Chairs and stools (not upholstered)
Products we do not accept
- Non-IKEA products
- Products that have been used outside including outdoor furniture
- Hacked or modified products
- Mattresses and bed textiles such as blankets and mattress protectors
- Sofas and armchairs
- Other soft furnishings such as pillows, towels, etc.
- Items containing glass
- Kitchens including benchtops, cabinets and fronts
- PAX Wardrobes and accessories
- Other over-sized items
- Appliances or other electrical items
- Children’s and baby product such as cots, mattresses and changing tables
- Unassembled products or parts
- As new – no scratches: 50% of original price
- Very good – minor scratches: 40% of original price
- Well-used – several scratches: 30% of original price
Which stores are available?
Currently only available at IKEA Gwangmyeong store.
Q. Can I use return delivery service ?
A. If you want to use BUYBACK service, please bring the furniture yourself. Unfortunately we don't offer return delivery service.
Q. I disassembled my furniture because It's too big. Is it possible to use the service in this case?
A. If the furniture is not assembled, you will be provided with the tools to enable you to assemble the furniture at the store. If we find any defect on your product, purchase may be refused.
How else does IKEA enable me to live more sustainably?
With LED light bulbs, veggie hot dogs and kitchen fronts made of recycled plastic bottles, we want to inspire change. We have a whole area dedicated to sharing ideas about how you can live more sustainably. Take a look!