Buyback & Resell
With Buyback & Resell, you sell us used IKEA furniture you don’t need in a safe, streamlined way year-round. You’ll get IKEA credit. Someone else buys your old stuff second hand from us and gives it a new home. Everyone wins, especially the planet.
How Buyback & Resell works at IKEA
- Determine what you want to resell. Only unmodified, completely assembled second hand IKEA furniture is accepted for buy back at IKEA. Refer to the lists of eligible/ineligible products. For ineligible items, consider reuse, donation, selling via online marketplaces or recycling.
- Use the buyback estimator tool. Find what IKEA furniture you’re interested in selling and tell us its condition. You’ll get an estimate of what IKEA will pay to buy back your furniture.
- Prep and go. Furniture must be clean and assembled. Bring your second hand IKEA furniture and your estimate to the Exchange and Returns section of your nearest or favourite IKEA store.
- At the store, a co-worker will compare the furniture’s condition to the estimate and set a final buy back price (that can differ from the estimate). After the inspection, you’ll be issued an IKEA refund card. We’ll resell your furniture in our Circular Hub. If we don’t accept your product, we can recycle/retire it in whatever eco-friendly ways are available.
- Pat yourself on the back. You’ve done a good deed. You’re helping us prolong product life, promote second hand furniture and waste less. Thanks for contributing to making IKEA more circular and to becoming people and planet positive!
What second hand IKEA furniture does IKEA buy back?
Second hand furniture IKEA buys back
- It is an IKEA product and in good, resellable condition
- It is complete and fully functional
- It is properly assembled when returned
- It is clean and unmodified
- All dressers, office drawer cabinets, small structures with drawers, display storage, sideboards, chests of drawers
- Bookcases and shelf units
- Small tablesMultimedia furnitureCabinetsDining tables and desks
- Chairs and stools (not upholstered)
Second hand furniture IKEA doesn’t buy back
- Non-IKEA products
- Products that have been used outside including outdoor furniture
- Hacked or modified products
- Mattresses and bed textiles such as blankets and mattress protectors
- Sofas and armchairs
- Other soft furnishings such as pillows, towels, etc.
- Items containing glass
- Kitchens including benchtops, cabinets and fronts
- PAX Wardrobes and accessories
- Other over-sized items
- Appliances or other electrical items
- Children’s and baby product such as cots, mattresses and changing tables
- Unassembled products or parts
COVID-19 safety measures
The safety of our co-workers, partners and customers is our top priority. Therefore, we are adopting the necessary preventive measures to reduce risks of exposure and contagion within our store. Read more about our precautions and how you can do your part.
Frequently asked questions
It is currently available at IKEA stores nationwide. (Excluding planning studios and IKEA Lab)
In IKEA, product application may be denied if the actual condition of the product and the estimate do not match or there is a safety problem due to the use of the product. In this case, you may take the product back or request disposal from IKEA.
The IKEA buyback service is available continuously regardless of Green Friday.