Home, the best place in the world
Life at home has never felt more important than it does right now. While you were busy acing your WFH scenes, we found a few ideas to help you find freedom in your most favourite place in the world.
Free up some space, free up your mind
It doesn’t matter how big the house where we live is. A few clever storage solutions can be all that takes to liberate our space. So why not start thinking about ways your kitchen can cater for more than just cooking? Or bring dead space back to life again with a few simple changes:
- Love every inch of your home. Free yourself from chaos.
- Let hook rails take the load off. Tidying up becomes a breeze – even when you’re just not in the mood.
- Feel more connected with nature. Welcome furniture and accessories from renewable materials into your home.
Make your home feel calm in the chaos
Win at staying in by discovering the inspiration you need to create a comfortable and captivating space that you’ll love to live in.
- Make your home come out of its shell by using various textures to give it a fresh new look.
- Who said practical couldn’t look polished? Make your dining room cabinet a show-stopping showcase for tableware.
- Give yourself some headspace by painting your ceiling white and stopping the wall colour at least 5 cm below the ceiling.
Play, have fun and lose yourself in your own home
Let imaginations run wild at home. Whatever toys, crayons and costumes you provide, fantasy will do the rest. Here are a few ideas to get your started, let’s make the most of staying home together:
- Build and decorate a market stall from cardboard boxes
- Relish a duvet day together with films and popcorn for all the family
- Make a cosy reading den with pillows and blankets
- Try a virtual museum tour
- Open a cafe, raise a toy farm or build the longest railroad
- Master a new skill together, like learning how to speak a new language
Make your workspace work for you and your kids
Working or studying from home isn’t always easy, there are distractions around every corner, but you can make it easier. With some simple steps, you can help make everyone at home feel comfortable enough to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Routine. Routine. Routine. Have one for home.
- Try not to stay up late; you’ve still got work in the morning.
- Get up bright and early, wash, get dressed, have breakfast and go conquer the day.