Returns Policy - Exceptions during COVID19
Returns Policy – It’s ok to change your mind, we support you in the safest way!
During these unusual times, the safety of our customers and co-workers are our highest priority. To ensure our customers have a safe shopping experience with IKEA, we have come up with exceptions to the return policy during COVID-19. Do note that returns and exchanges have been paused currently to comply with the government directives.
We care here at IKEA. As we are in this together, the health of our customers and co-workers is our focus. To ensure the hygiene of the products and to assure our customers buy safe products we have made some exceptions to our Returns and Exchange Policy. Our teams have put in place necessary measures to safeguard the customer’s health as well as interest in shopping for IKEA products.
Our customer care team is working around the clock to make returns as safe as possible. We encourage customers to share the pictures of the articles to be returned with our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, before visiting the store. Our customer care team will gladly assist in every step to make the returns experience hassle-free.
We have never done this before, but are putting in place to ensure store visit will be of value for the customers, given the current situation. The customer care team will guide the returns process on a case to case basis.
- Returns are suspended till further notice at IKEA Store Hyderabad
- Any purchases done after 1st Feb 2021 will be eligible for an extended return and exchange period
- Refund card and gift card expiring in April 2021 will have an extended validity period
Returns Policy - COVID 19 Exceptions:
- If the invoice is expiring or has expired during the lockdown period, IKEA will consider returns or exchange of the articles once the store resumes operations.
- Services offered by IKEA India - as delivery, assembly and installation will resume as per government directives.
- Considering the present COVID situation, please expect a delay in the completion of the installation and assembly services.
- The completion timelines of 14 Days for installation and assembly services are not valid till further notice.
- Considering the hygiene factors and the safety of our customers and co-workers, Articles bought from AS-IS is not eligible for returns or exchange.
- As per our existing returns policy - cut fabric, live plants, food articles, assembled articles, custom made worktops will not be eligible for returns.
- For returns or exchange of online orders, we insist customers share the pictures of the articles and the proof of purchase (invoice) with our Customer Support Center at email@example.com before the articles are accepted for returns or exchange by our CSC Co-workers and accordingly picked up from the customer’s doorstep.
- Damaged articles will be replaced with like to like articles.
- The following items will not be eligible for returns:-
- Unpacked articles will not be accepted for returns or exchange (articles will be considered for returns or exchange only if it brought back in their original packaging)
- Fabric-based articles sold without packaging
- Unwrapped Chopping Boards, Unpackaged/Unwrapped wooden articles
- Home organization(articles sold without packaging or brought back unpackaged)
- Returns of discontinued ASIS Articles
- Children’s IKEA
- Articles that are found to be dirty, stained, damaged, abused or not in their original packaging.
- We are temporarily suspending our “Love it or Exchange it” Mattress policy to protect co-workers, customers and the community’s health at large.
In these exceptional times, there could be unforeseen delays but we are here to help, please feel free to write to us in case of any concerns/feedback/suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order for us to give you a full refund we expect that the products are in the original unopened packaging
- In case we are unable to fulfil the delivery of an online order due to the government directives, IKEA India will inform you regarding the same. In such a situation, you could choose either:
- IKEA India will extend the date of delivery to monitor the Government directives and will deliver the order once the Government norms are eased.
- You can place a request to cancel the order by writing to email@example.com. The refunds for orders cancelled will be initiated by IKEA INDIA within 4 days from the time the cancellation request has been placed.
- In case the customer is not reachable for 72 hours, the order is deemed to cancel.
Have more questions about returns?
- Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat with us here
- Call us at 18004194532
Please Note: For returns or exchange of articles, pickup charges are applicable.
The terms and conditions set out in this return policy apply to all goods purchased from IKEA India. This return policy is in addition to Customer's statutory rights.
You can purchase products from us in store or online and we will accept them back for a full refund in the original method of payment up to 60 days after the purchase, 90 days if you are a IKEA Family or Business member.
In order for us to give you a full refund we expect that the products are in the original unopened packaging, if the product does not come with packaging* then all labels must still be intact. If the packaging has been removed from the products then we will not issue a refund.
*For example our home furnishing accessories don’t always have their own packaging, like cushions or kitchen utensils
A friendly and helpful co-worker to support you with the refund, whether you speak to one of our team at the customer support center or in-store.
We may refuse the return, exchange or offer a Refund card if the returns criteria are not fully met. If proof of purchase is unavailable, we will refund the lowest selling price within the 6 months for that product.
How do I initiate a refund?
We are happy to arrange a pickup of your products, please contact our customer support center on 1800 419 4532 and have your invoice available. For this service there are charges applicable, see our delivery prices for information or ask one of our team in our customer support center.
Alternatively, for our customers living in Hyderabad and Mumbai(Store Purchases Only) we welcome you to our returns department where you can return your products.
Please contact our customer support center on 1800 419 4532 and have your invoice available. For this service there are charges applicable, see our delivery prices for information or ask one of our team in our customer support center.
Please note that if you opt for a pickup for your refund we require you to keep the box and any packing material that came with the parcel, in a condition that allows us to transport the products safely. We see the delivery and returning of goods as a joint responsibility if the products are damaged due to absence or condition of packaging this can affect the amount we refund you.
Change of products:
Once your online order is processed we pick and hand over your items immediately to our delivery provider. This means we are not able to alter the order once payment has been processed.
If you cancel your order before the goods are dispatched from our central warehouse you will be entitled to a full refund of product and services. Once the products have left the central warehouse we will process a refund for product, however, the delivery charge will not be refunded.
Cancellation is not possible within 24 hours of the start of the delivery time window.
e.g. If your delivery window is 10am-2pm, you must cancel by 9.59am latest on the previous day.