We use cookies to improve your online experience. Take a look at our Cookie Policy to learn more and change your preferences. By continuing to use our website we assume you are happy to allow the use of these cookies.

You have disabled your cookies which means the IKEA website will not remember you as you browse through the site. Find out how to enable your cookies for a better experience

IKEA home solar panels and battery storage

Bring a little sunshine into your home

We know that you care about the world you live in, and so do we. That's why IKEA is bringing the world's most sustainable energy source to your home.

An average household can save up to £380* on their annual electricity bill.

Add battery storage and save up to 70% on your electricity bill**



A ready-to-go low cost solar package including installation and guarantees for a fixed price.

6 Panel system, Blue

Rooftop PLUS

Rooftop PLUS

A customised solar system designed to optimise energy production and maximise your investment.

6 Panel system, Black

Built-in PLUS

Built-in PLUS

A customised solar system, designed to give an elegant, integrated look.

6 Panel system

Add battery storage to any system from as little as £2,935.

New solar battery storage

IKEA battery storage

Designed to work alongside your existing solar panels or as part of a new combined home solar system, battery storage will make it much easier to save on your electricity bills by utilising more of the electricity generated by your solar panels.

The excess power from your solar panels charges your battery during the day, the battery then supplies electricity to your home during the night and on cloudy days, this maximises your electricity savings and makes you less reliant on the national grid.

How does IKEA home solar and battery storage work?

The sun’s radiation hits your solar panels and is converted into energy. This energy travels to a device called an inverter, which converts it into usable household electricity (just like the electricity supplied by your utility company). Simple!

If you choose to add battery storage, you can use your solar electricity whenever you like.
Solar battery storage - How does it work?

Hege Saebjornsen, Country Sustainability Manager, IKEA UK & Ireland:
“At IKEA we’re always looking for ways to help customers take positive actions at home for both the environment and their wallets. We know that our customers want to live more sustainably and together with Solarcentury we will help them to get more value from their solar panels and do just that. With energy bills already going up 15% this year***, there’s never been a better time for customers to take back control of their electricity bills and maximise their savings by switching to solar and solar storage.” 

Susannah Wood, Head of Residential Solar at Solarcentury:
“We’re committed to helping homeowners reap the benefits of going solar and our business partnership with IKEA is a significant step forwards for the renewable energy industry. The cost of solar installations has dropped considerably in recent years and is in fact 100 times cheaper than it was 35 years ago. We believe IKEA and Solarcentury are bringing the most competitive package to the market yet so more people than ever before can profit financially and environmentally by producing their own energy.”
Read more about the IKEA commitment to renewable energy on our People & Planet pages here.

    *With the average household electricity bill coming in at £584 (Source: DECC), homeowners who install solar panels could benefit by £380 in the first year after purchase.  Average households consume only 40% of the electricity their system generates, add battery storage and this on average doubles to 80%. 
    Based on a property is in London with a south-facing pitched roof which is 10% shaded, family at home only in the afternoon during the week using 3,300 kWh of electricity, 12 panel system installed, 6.5kWh battery system installed, total installed price: £8,750 including VAT at 5% and with a 15% IKEA Family discount, generation tariff of 4.07p rising with RPI of 2.5% per annum, export tariff of 5.03p rising with RPI of 2.5% per annum, price per kWh for grid electricity at 16p rising at 5% price inflation per annum, solar module degradation at 0.7% per year

    **Battery storage allows households to use more of the electricity their system generates and allows electricity savings of up to 70%.

    ***Based on electricity price increases (spring 2017).  NPower by 15%, E.on by 13.8% and SSE by 14.9%.