Oops! We’re sorry, there was an error loading this page so some information may not be up to date. Please try again later to ensure that the correct information is displayed.
Offers and Events - Terms and conditions
IKEA launches ‘Toy Stor-age’ Donation Points, in partnership with Barnardo’s
Friday 29th March – Sunday 31st March
IKEA has partnered with children’s charity, Barnardo’s, to launch ‘Toy Stor-age’, a series of nationwide toy donation points opening in nine IKEA stores around the UK in a bid to help the nation get started on the road to a more organised life at home.
Inspired by the hotly anticipated sequel to the iconic children’s movie, the ‘Toy Stor-age points’ will give customers the opportunity to re-gift their unwanted toys to help the UK's most vulnerable and disadvantaged children, from 28th – 31st March.
What’s more, visitors that donate their unused toys to participating IKEA stores will be given a £10 discount when they spend £70 on any of IKEA’s toy storage solutions, including; TROFAST, KALLAX, FRITIDS, STUVA, FLYTTBAR and many more.
Participating stores are Greenwich, Wembley, Birmingham, Warrington, Belfast, Leeds, Sheffield, Southampton, and Cardiff. Visit your local store for more information.
The essential safety requirements for toys, whether new or second-hand, is to protect the user as well as anybody else from risk of injury or damage to health. Toys should comply with the following criteria and must not:
have easily detachable small parts e.g. eyes or buttons
have finger traps
have sharp edges or points
contain toxic substances or toxic paint
have insecure battery compartments
A toy that fits inside a choke hazard test cylinder or 35 mm film canister poses a choking hazard and is unsuitable for children under 3 years old.
Look for a CE mark which is an indication that the toy complies with the essential safety requirements when new.
Check the toy is not defective, damaged, dirty, unhygienic, incomplete, or deficient in any other way that could cause harm.
Prohibited items include:
Weapons – including replicas
Firearms, flick-knives, swords, bows and crossbows, axes, ammunition, grenades etc
Personal Safety Equipment
Child car seats and booster cushions
Seatbelts and car safety equipment
Terms & Conditions– UK
1. When you make a toy(s) donation at participating IKEA stores between 29/03/2019 and 31/03/2019 you will receive a voucher which entitles you to £10 off when you spend £70 or more in a single transaction.
2. This promotion is valid only in IKEA Greenwich, Wembley, Birmingham, Warrington, Belfast, Leeds, Sheffield, Southampton, and Cardiff stores.
3. One voucher will be issued per customer, per valid donation.
4. To be eligible for a voucher, the donation must meet the criteria set out in the Terms & Conditions established by Barnardo’s – available HERE [insert link or location where these can be found]. IKEA will decide, at its sole discretion, whether a donation meets the criteria.
5. Vouchers can only be redeemed once at the IKEA store in which it was issued, during regular trading hours, on the same day it was issued.
6. Additional terms and conditions apply to the voucher and will be available on the voucher itself.
7. IKEA reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer as necessary due to circumstances outside our reasonable control.
8. This promotion and voucher terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Home Delivery offer - Greenwich store
Travel to IKEA Greenwich by foot, bike, or public transportation and receive £20 off the cost of home delivery when you spend £100 or more in-store between 27/01/2019 and 06/04/2019.
This offer applies to orders placed via distribution delivery method only.
This offer applies at IKEA Greenwich in-store only and does not apply to purchases made online or by telephone, Skype or email.
The £20 discount will automatically be applied to the standard distribution fee of £35.
You may be asked to provide proof of method of travel which must be valid for the day of purchase.
The offer value cannot be exchanged for cash.
This offer may only be used once per person per transaction.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
All returns will be subject to the IKEA Returns Policy, available at www.IKEA.co.uk/returns. Any refunds will take this offer into account. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
IKEA reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer as necessary due to circumstances outside our reasonable control.
This offer and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.