This Black Friday, savings have a new meaning
Important Notice – Due to the immediate public health concern, we have cancelled all Black Friday initiatives at our Etobicoke, North York and Winnipeg stores, which are currently closed to customers. The purpose of this year’s Black Friday campaign is to put sustainability at the core of our offer, with a series of initiatives to support a more sustainable life at home. We look forward to offering these initiatives in the above markets, including the offer on Sell-Back and other sustainability programs at a later time, when it is safe to do so.
Most Black Friday sales are simply focused on saving money, but this year we’re redefining what it means to ‘save’. At IKEA, we believe that reducing our impact on the planet doesn’t have to cost more. That’s why we’re offering double value when you give furniture a second life through our Sell-Back program, discounts on some of our most sustainable products, incentives for donating furniture and electronics, and more. This Black Friday, save more than just money; save the environment.
We’re using Black Friday to highlight our sustainably-made products that save electricity, water, and trees, use renewable materials, sustainably sourced cotton, and less packaging.
We are committed to conserving the precious shared resource of freshwater. That’s why we offer kitchen faucets that reduce water consumption by up to 40%, bathroom faucets that reduce consumption up to 50%, and sink accessories that help us use less water.
Our ambition is that, by 2030, all materials in IKEA products will be renewable or recycled. Even today, it’s easier than ever to find affordable, high quality home furnishings that are more sustainable and eco-friendly. In fact, 60% of the IKEA product range already uses renewable materials.
Earn double the value on Sell-Back for a limited time!
We’re taking environmental savings one step further, offering the opportunity to sell your old IKEA furniture back to us through our Sell-Back program. By giving used IKEA furniture a second life, you can save it from going to the landfill. Sell us something you don’t need. We’ll find someone who needs it.
In return, you’ll earn an IKEA credit to spend on something you need. And from November 16 to December 2, we’ll pay you double the Sell-Back price. That’s a better deal for the planet, and your wallet.
Here's how the Sell-Back program works:
- Confirm that the item you want to sell us is eligible. Check the complete list of products that qualify for the Sell-Back program here.
- Start your application for Sell-Back by clicking on the link below to login to your IKEA Family account, or sign up for free to become a member.
- In the application, submit 4 or more photos of the item you would like to sell.
- Allow 5 business days for an assessment, then check your application status online.
- If your item is approved, please bring the fully assembled IKEA product to your selected store and receive your IKEA credit.
For more information about our Sell-Back program, visit our Black Friday FAQ page.
On Friday November 27, IKEA Family members get an additional 25% discount on As-Is articles.
Give our products a second chance by shopping from our As-is department in-store, where you'll find great bargains on items we have received through our Sell-Back program, floor models, returns, or discontinued products. Save more for your pocket and the environment with our As-Is products.
Simply scan your IKEA Family card at checkout in-store to receive your discount.
Not an IKEA Family member yet?
For more information about our As-Is discount, visit our Black Friday FAQ page.
Furniture donation & electronics recycling drive
Every year, tons of furniture and electronics end up in a landfill. That's why on November 28th between 10am and 4pm, we'll be collecting gently used home furnishings and electronics in exchange for a coupon, earning you $25 off purchases of $150 or more until December 2nd. Now, you can save money and furniture.
Please note, all Black Friday initiatives have been cancelled at IKEA Etobicoke, North York and Winnipeg, including the furniture donation and electronics recycling drive. Due to partner availability, the furniture donation drive will not take place at IKEA Quebec, which will host the electronics recycling drive only.
How to participate in the furniture donation drive:
- Bring your gently used home furnishings to an IKEA store on November 28th between 10am and 4pm local time.
- Organizations such as the Furniture Bank will be in the parking lot to receive your donations.
- All donated items MUST be in good, usable condition – free from stains, tears, odors or major damage.
- Furniture which is free-standing and less than 6 feet/2 metres is preferred to help families in need, most of whom are moving into small apartments.
- While our partner charitable organizations accept all donations, their mission is to provide families and individuals with essential home furnishings needed to create a home. They are looking more for items such as tables, chairs, dining sets, kitchenware, and small housewares.
- For any bedding products such as bedlinens, only items in their original packaging will be accepted.
- The donated furniture will support hundreds of community agencies, shelters, and social purpose organizations to ensure families in need can furnish their home.
How to participate in the electronics recycling drive:
- Bring your old electronics to an IKEA store on November 28th between 10am and 4pm local time.
- Electronic Products Recycling Association (EPRA) will be collecting your electronics in a drop-off area in the parking lot.
- All electronics will be accepted for recycling, including printers, computers, telephones, etc.
- Prior to dropping off your electronics for recycling, please ensure to erase all personal information from your device.
- If you are dropping off larger items such as televisions and printers, or boxes of electronics, please proceed through marked lanes and remain in your vehicle while staff unloads items from the trunk, to maintain physical distancing.
- For smaller items, you can exit your vehicle and proceed on foot to the designated drop-off point.
Please note staff will be on hand during these collection events to ensure physical distancing. For more information about our furniture donation and electronics recycling drive, visit our Black Friday FAQ page.
Lightbulb & battery recycling
Have used lightbulbs or batteries lying around your home? Don't let them go to a landfill. As always, you can bring them into IKEA to safely dispose of them.