Equality, diversity and inclusion turns our workplace into a home
At IKEA, you’re welcome no matter where you come from, what you believe, what you look like and who you like to snuggle up in front of the TV with. We don’t even care how you organise your kitchen cupboards. We’re interested in you simply because you’re you.
Diversity is good for everyone
Welcoming differences is not just good for you, it’s good for us too. We’ve learned that diverse teams have more and better ideas and help us understand and support our customers better. They also help us grow as an organisation. After all, everyone has a different way of looking at the world. So, who knows? Perhaps your unique take on something could lead to a great idea that helps make customers’ and co-workers’ lives at home a little bit better.
Gender balance – % of women 2020*
*Figures for Ingka Group
An ally to LGBT+ co-workers and colleagues
Our aim is to create a fully inclusive work environment and to provide equal opportunities for everyone regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Here are some of the actions we’ve taken to achieve this
- We implemented a global LGBT+ inclusion plan.
- We co-created and endorsed the UN Standards of Conduct on tackling discrimination against LGBT+ people in the workplace and in the community.
- We are members of Workplace Pride Foundation and Stonewall, two organisations focused on LGBT+ inclusion in the workplace.
- We also joined Open for Business, a business coalition for advancing LGBT+ inclusion in society.
- We launched global trans-inclusion guidelines to help managers build trans-inclusive teams and workplaces.
- Each year on May 17 we celebrate IDAHOT (International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, and Transphobia) with a global campaign.
Your next job? Being yourself.
When you come and work for us, we want you to bring your whole self: the bits you’re proud of, the messy and complicated bits, and the bits that haven’t yet had a chance to shine. To us your uniqueness is an asset. At IKEA everyone has a home.