Welcome back! It hasn’t been the same without you.
Face masks are required for everyone aged 12 years and over, unless a medical exemption applies.
Show your COVID-Safe check-in by scanning the QR code.
Increased cleaning and sanitising procedures and social distancing practices are in place.
Before you visit the store:
- Plan your visit so you can shop with purpose with the IKEA app, and consider planning your visit at quieter times like the evening.
- We prefer contactless payment if possible.
- New entry requirements mean that it may take a little longer than usual to enter the store, and we’ll be implementing a queuing process to ensure safe customer numbers. Please respect our co-workers as they work to provide a safe shopping experience for all our visitors.
Key service changes:
- Our Swedish Bistro is open for take away only, and the Swedish Food Market is open. Our Swedish Restaurant and Swedish Café are temporarily closed.
- Our children’s play centre Småland is temporarily closed.
- Our furniture Buy-Back and Click & Collect services are temporarily unavailable.
- If your 365-day returns and exchanges period is almost over (or has just finished), we're extending these periods by 3 months for our New South Wales customers, so there's no need to rush. Find out more here.
- Please take advantage of IKEA express returns.
- If you have less than 10 items to return, you can fill in the online form and follow the instructions here.
- Our contactless services remain available to our customers, so take advantage of our Virtual Planning Services and Home Delivery.
For more information on how we are keeping a safe shopping experience, see our COVID-19 FAQs.
1030 Majura Road
T: 02 8020 6641
Catching a bus
Take the Majura Park Loop Bus #54, starting from the “City Interchange Plt 8” and stops alongside the IKEA Canberra store. For times and help catching a bus to IKEA Click here
Driving or cycling
The carpark can be accessed from Meddhung Road via either Majura Road or The Majura Parkway. There is also a second entry / exit to the car park via the McDonald’s roundabout. Bicycle parking is available outside near the store entrance.
Over 850 free car parks are available including family friendly (pram) parking and disability parking just outside the store entrance.
There are 4 Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations – “EO BYO cable chargers”, for use please bring your own Type 2 cable to access the free charging.
In-store assistance includes wheelchair access to all areas, wheelchair trolleys, loan wheelchairs. Assistance animals are always welcome.
As a destination for the whole family we have you covered; baby change rooms, kids’ menu options and free nappies for those little mistakes (see our people greeter). Activities returning during 2021