Shopping at IKEA
Buying in store
According to the specific situation of the Covid-19 virus taking place in the Metropolitan Area of Lisbon and following the instructions of the Portuguese authorities, the IKEA stores in Alfragide and Loures, as well as the Planning Studios in Alegro Sintra, RioSul Shopping e CascaiShopping, do not open as planned. However, on June 1st we are waiting for you in Matosinhos, Braga and Loulé, ensuring all safety conditions. Before you visit us, check our opening hours.
On our website you can see a wide range of articles, choose between several styles and get inspiration to create an even more comfortable and inspiring home. Buy online now and get your products at your home in a few days.
Buying by phone
From now on, besides shopping online, you can also shop by phone. To do so, please call 800 20 30 20 (free call) and press 3, from Monday to Friday, between 10a.m. and 5p.m. and choose the delivery method.
It’s OK to change your mind
If you’re not totally happy with your IKEA purchase, you have 365 days to return it. Use the benefit of having 365 days to return your products, in order to avoid big crowds in the stores when we reopen.
The safety and well-being of our customers and co-workers are always a priority for IKEA. In order to maintain a safe environment for all we have:
- The admittance to our store will be limited to the maximum indicative occupation rule of 0.05 people per square meter of area. Temporary closures for occupancy management may occur;
- Increased the focus on cleaning and sanitization procedures. We reinforced cleaning and disinfection routines. All surfaces, objects and equipments handled by our co-workers and customers, are being sanitized in accordance with health authorities’ recommendations;
- Småland and all store play areas are temporarily closed, until further notice;
- Please give preference to card payment method. New contactless limit is 50,00€ per transaction;
- Besides regular access priority rules, in current context we give access priority to health professionals, security, protection and rescue forces and services, armed forces and social support services personnel;
- You should not linger more than the time necessary to purchase the goods or services;
- To benefit from IKEA Family discount, you don’t need to swipe the card. You may provide us your phone number, use IKEA app, or use the digital card sent in IKEA Family newsletters.
For the safety of all our customers and co-workers, we are practicing social distancing. So, according to the recommendations of the authorities:
- We have implemented solutions for ensuring social distancing throughout the store;
- If you’re in a queue, please observe the floor marking (dots) and keep the safe distance;
- Respect a safe distance of 2m, avoiding close contact with other people;
- Please use protective mask or face visor (mandatory);
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based solution. You’ll find sanitizing stations in all entrances and exits, as well in other areas in our store;
- The capacity of each lift is adapted according the lift size. Family groups are excepted;
- Avoid as much as possible crossing flows. Please respect the specific entry and exit flows in our store.
In the IKEA restaurant, Bistro, Café and Swedish Food Market we adopted some complementary measures to all the hygiene practices already in place in our eating areas:
- The seating capacity in the Restaurant was limited by 50%, securing 2m distance between seats. Families can seat together;
- As a precaution, we’ve temporarily removed major gathering points in the Restaurant, Café, Bistro and Swedish Food Market: food sampling, pick’n’mix gummies, self-service beverage machines, pick-up points for cutlery and seasoning, which will now be available on the service line. Please ask our co-workers for those items.
Planning for PAX wardrobes
If you need help, you can now count on our specialists to plan your new PAX wardrobe or choose the bed of your dreams, all from the comfort of your home.
Kitchen planning and installation
If you think now it’s a good time to plan your dream kitchen, one of our specialists can plan it together with you from the comfort of your home.
Plan your dream sofa, your perfect office or your wardrobe storage system before making any financial commitments. You can play with colours, styles, sizes and configurations to plan your way to perfection with our easy to use planning tools.
Click and collect from 10€
When you shop online, you can choose the most convenient pick up location for you, either in the parking lot of our IKEA stores for 10€ or at one of the collection points from 25€. The use of a face mask or protective visor is mandatory so that you can collect your order.
Home Delivery via CTT from 7€
Up to 25kg, we deliver your product via CTT on the date of your choice.
Home Delivery via carrier from 35€
We deliver your products on the day and time frame chosen.
There’s more than one way to pay
Online purchases can be paid with debit or credit cards (Visa or Mastercard). The amount must be paid in full and only throughout the online order. You can also use the MBNet service - for more information, please contact your bank.
*You can also use IKEA Gift Card and payment with Multibanco reference, if the selected delivery date exceeds 6 (six) days.
Purchases by phone can be paid with debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard), gift card or, when applicable, ATM reference. You will receive a link to pay and complete your order in the comfort of your home.