The IKEA Family Contest Official Contest Rules
IKEA CANADA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP ("IKEA") "IKEA FAMILY" CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (the "CONTEST RULES") FOR AGE-OF-MAJORITY LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY
1. The IKEA "IKEA Family" Contest (the "Contest") starts on November 1, 2020 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("EST") and closes on October 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST (the "Contest Period"). The Contest Sponsor is IKEA (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest Sponsor"). The Contest draws are being conducted by IKEA (the “Contest Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility: To enter and to be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Canada who is of the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides, and a member of the IKEA Family Program. (You can obtain an IKEA Family Membership (the “membership”) free of charge by signing up for the program at https://ikeafamily.ca ). Employees, agents, and representatives of IKEA, its partners and associates, its advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members or persons with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. "Immediate family member" means parents, sisters, brothers, children, spouse, husband and wife.
3. Contest overview: The Contest consists of a series of monthly draws (one (1) draw per month, per each IKEA store location or online entry in Canada) for monthly prizes, as more particularly provided in these Contest Rules.
4. How to Enter the Contest:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. There are two ways to enter the Contest:
Each time you use your IKEA Family membership account in-store (by scanning your account code at checkout) at a Canadian IKEA store location (“Local IKEA Store”), or online at ikea.ca (by entering your IKEA Family card number during the checkout process), in connection with a purchase transaction during the Contest Period, you will automatically receive one (1) entry in the Contest for the next applicable monthly draw (see Rule 5 below) in respect of that Local Store or online entry;
You may also enter the Contest, without purchase, by mailing, to the address noted below, a request to be entered into the Contest, which request must include the following information:
o Your full name (including middle initial);
o Your IKEA Family membership number;
o Your mailing address (including street, city, province/territory and postal code);
o The email address you used to register for your IKEA Family membership;
o Your daytime telephone number; and
o The location of your Local IKEA Store (a list of all Canadian IKEA stores is available at https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/locator/ikny_splash_index.html).
Mail-in requests must be hand-printed in ink and legibly on a card or piece of paper not exceeding 8.5” X 11” and mailed in a postage-paid outer envelope (there can be only one mail-in entry request per envelope), bearing sufficient postage, to: IKEA Family Contest: IKEA Canada Head Office, 1065 Plains Rd E, Burlington ON, L7T 4K1.
To be eligible for a monthly draw (see Rule 5 below), mail-in requests must be post-marked on or prior to the end of the Contest Period and received prior to the applicable monthly draw date (mail-in entry requests will be entered only in the next scheduled draw (for the immediately preceding calendar month) following the date of actual receipt of the entry request at the above address, in respect of the IKEA Local Store identified in the mail-in request).
There is a limit of one (1) entry (or mail-in entry request) per person (and per IKEA Family card account) per day, regardless of the method of entry and, for greater certainty, each eligible entry (regardless of the method of entry) will be entered in only one (1) monthly draw. Undrawn entries for any monthly draw will not be carried forward to any subsequent draw.
5. Monthly Prizes and Draws:
All dollar amounts contained in these Contest Rules are denominated in Canadian Dollars.
Monthly Draws: There will be a total of twelve (12) monthly Contest draws in respect of each Local IKEA Store and entries received online, which shall take place on or immediately following the tenth (10th) weekday following the end of each calendar month during the Contest Period – being December 10, 2020, and January 10, February 10, March 10, April 12, May 10, June 10, July 12, August 10, September 10, October 11, and November 15, 2021 (each, a “Draw Date”). During each draw, one (1) eligible entry will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received in accordance with these Contest Rules for the immediately preceding calendar month in respect of each Local IKEA Store (one (1) entry per Local IKEA Store and one (1) entry for all entries submitted online), as a potential monthly Prize winner.
Monthly Prizes (each a “prize” or “Monthly Prize”):
Each Monthly Prize consists of one (1) $100 IKEA Gift Card (awarded to one (1) eligible entrant per Local IKEA Store), as set forth in these Contest Rules. Each Monthly Prize has an approximate retail value of $100.00 Canadian dollars. There are a total of one hundred and sixty-eight (168) Monthly Prizes available to be won in the Contest (one (1) prize per month, per Local IKEA Store). If, for any reason, one or more Monthly Prizes remain unselected at the end of the Contest Period, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to draw another entry or entries from previous eligible entries received in respect of that Local IKEA Store or entries submitted online, or elect not to award a prize for the applicable month in respect of that Local IKEA Store or entries submitted online.
Place of Draws: All draws will be conducted by IKEA at 1065 Plains Rd E, Burlington ON, L7T 4K1.
Potential winners will be notified by mail, phone, and/or email. Before being declared a confirmed prize winner, each selected entrant for the Monthly Prizes must (a) first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question; (b) sign and return within 10 days of receipt, the Contest Sponsor’s form of release, waiver and indemnity (the "Release") that allows the Contest Sponsor to publish the selected winner's name in potential future advertisements and confirms understanding, acceptance and compliance with these Contest Rules, acceptance of the prize as offered, and acknowledgement that the Contest Sponsor and all or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising or promotional agencies, administrators, employees, agents, representatives and participating service providers (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not responsible for any claims arising out of any matter related to the Contest or the prize; and (c) acknowledge compliance with the Contest Rules.
Attempts will be made to contact selected entrants as indicated above within fourteen (14) days following the respective draw date to provide instructions on how to claim his/her prize, including details on the administration of the skill-testing question and the Release, and selected entrants must be able to be reached within fourteen (14) days of the first attempt to make contact with him/her. In the event that a selected entrant cannot be contacted within the specified amount of time described above, is not eligible, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question within the time limit, does not sign and return the Release within the specified time, or does not otherwise comply with the Contest Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify that selected entrant, in which case he/she will not receive any prize and shall forfeit all rights to the prize, and the Released Parties shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. In such event, for a Monthly Prize, Contest Sponsor may, at its sole and absolute discretion, randomly select an alternative entry from the remaining eligible entries received in respect of that Local IKEA Store or online entry and proceed with the selected winner notification and qualification procedure outlined above (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant).
6. Odds of Winning: Monthly Prizes will be awarded one (1) time per month and the odds of winning shall be dependent on the total number of eligible entries received in respect of the applicable Local IKEA Store or submitted online for the calendar month immediately preceding the applicable Draw Date, as set out in these Contest Rules.
7. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash (except at the Contest Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion). Subject to any applicable legislation, Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, for a prize of equal or greater value, for any reason including due to the prize being unavailable or for any circumstances beyond its control. The refusal by an entrant to accept any prize releases and forever discharges the Contest Sponsor, and the other Released Parties from all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.
8. None of the Contest Sponsor, nor any of the other Released Parties, assumes any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data, or any combination thereof, including any damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer and to any cellular phone or other property related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials relating to this Contest. For greater certainty, and without limitation, none of the Contest Sponsor, nor any of the other Released Parties, is responsible if the address, email address, or telephone number given by an entrant is incorrect, disconnected or no longer in service. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond its control. The Contest Sponsor, at its sole discretion, subject to any applicable legislation, reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest (or to amend these Contest Rules) without notice. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. The Contest Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor, subject to any applicable legislation, without notice to entrants individually. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in the event of postal service disruption, to provide entrants with an alternative “no purchase” means of entry.
9. All entries are subject to verification at any time. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server(s) or, in the case of mail-in entry requests, the records relating to mail receipt.
10. Use of any means of entry not expressly provided in these Contest Rules, including without limitation, mechanical assistance or robotic assistance is prohibited. Entries generated by robotic, programming, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrant(s) or as otherwise stated in the Contest Rules.
12. Winners' names: For the names of the prize winners, send a request along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope bearing sufficient postage to: "IKEA Family" Contest, Winners' Request List, 1065 Plains Road East, Burlington, ON L7T 4K1. Prize winners' names will be available for up to 2 weeks after monthly draw.
13. For Quebec residents only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
14. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
15. Subject to Rule 13 above, except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to any conflict of law issues. Subject to Rule 13 above, except where prohibited by law, all entrants consent irrevocably to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Province of Ontario.