Kitchen installation service
Receive 10% back in gift cards on kitchen installation services
From March 27 – May 2, receive 10% back in IKEA Gift Cards* when you book a kitchen cabinet installation service.
From $119 per cabinet, IKEA kitchen installation service includes assembly and installation of cabinets from plinths to cover panels. You choose what you need. Pricing is based on cabinet type and quantity. Of course, you can always DIY for free, with help from our guides.
- Installers are insured and covered by WCB/WSIB. Ask a planning specialist for more details.
- Carried out to the highest industry standards.
- Covered by a 5-year workmanship guarantee.
- Kitchen installation starts from $119 a cabinet.
- After planning, you get an itemized installation price quote.
Pricing information | How to book a installation service | How it works | Do-it-yourself guides | Warranty | Become an IKEA kitchen subcontractor | FAQ
Kitchen installation service pricing
Our kitchen installation service pricing is based on the type of cabinet (base, wall, or high) and whether it has a door, drawer, or corner carousel. Determine what kind and how many cabinets you’ll have. Then use the information below to help estimate your total installation cost. The more precise you are, the more accurate your quote will be when booking. Additional installation work is also available.
All basic installation services below include:
- Daily broom of the job site.
- Vacuuming inside IKEA SEKTION cabinets and floor upon completion of installation.
Cabinet with door (base, wall or high), starting at $119/cabinet
- Assembly and installation of IKEA SEKTION base cabinets, wall cabinets, high cabinets, doors, cover panels, legs, plinths, shelves, knobs and handles according to manufacturer’s assembly instructions.
- Adjustment of all IKEA SEKTION base cabinets, wall cabinets, high cabinets and doors for appearance.
- Excludes installation of IKEA SEKTION drawer, drawer front, corner carousel, pull-outs, deco strip, side filler strip, cover caps, cover panel 26” x 36”, 36” x 96” or interior fittings other than shelves.
Cabinet with drawer or corner carousel (base or wall), starting at $162/cabinet
- Assembly and installation of IKEA SEKTION base cabinets, wall cabinets, drawers, drawer fronts, doors, cover panels, legs, plinths, shelves, interior fittings, knobs and handles according to manufacturer’s assembly instructions.
- Adjustment of all IKEA SEKTION base cabinets, wall cabinets, doors, drawers and drawer fronts for appearance.
- Excludes installation of IKEA SEKTION deco strip, side filler strip, cover caps or cover panel 26” x 36”, 36” x 96”
High cabinet with drawer, starting at $193/cabinet
- Assembly and installation of IKEA SEKTION high cabinets, drawers, drawer fronts, doors, cover panels, legs, plinths, shelves, interior fittings, knobs and handles according to manufacturer’s assembly instructions.
- Adjustment of all IKEA SEKTION high cabinets, doors, drawers, drawer fronts for appearance.
- Excludes installation or IKEA SEKTION deco strip, side filler strip, cover caps or cover panel 26” x 36”, 36” x 96”
Additional installation work
Additional installation services are priced separately from the basic installation cost. All additional installation services will be priced for you by an independent service provider.
- IKEA pre-cut countertops
- Integrated Lighting (does not include any electrical connection)
- Gables, molding & fillers
- Cover caps
How to book a kitchen installation service
Want to find out more about kitchen installation services?
Visit your local IKEA kitchen department to book your kitchen installation today.
How IKEA kitchen installation service works
Before an IKEA kitchen installation
- Measure, plan and buy your IKEA kitchen. If you haven’t done this already, we can help! Start things off right with correct specifications from our kitchen measuring service. Then, let us design your new kitchen with our kitchen planning service.
- Book an installation appointment. Our IKEA Kitchen service team can install your new kitchen.
- Join the service provider for a site inspection. During this visit, the service provider checks the design vs. the floor plan and confirms measurements. We also will make sure electricity, plumbing, and HVAC have been done to fit the new kitchen layout.
- Get your IKEA kitchen home. Delivery is not included in IKEA kitchen installation service.
- Prepare your space. Clean everything out and take care of any work like patching, wall painting, redoing floors, etc. Set up a temporary kitchen. Place all packages in the room where the kitchen will be installed.
During and after an IKEA kitchen installation
- Live life while the pros do their work. Every IKEA kitchen installation comes with a workmanship guarantee, so you can feel confident that the installation meets the highest industry standards.
- When the installation is completed, a walkthrough of the new kitchen will be performed with our install team to make sure the kitchen has been installed as planned and is meeting the customer's expectations.
- Enjoy cooking in your new kitchen with peace of mind for years, thanks to our warranties (detailed in our full terms and conditions).
Do-it-yourself IKEA kitchen installation and assembly guides
IKEA kitchens are designed to be installed by you. But we know it’s not always easy to figure out where to start or what to do when you’re just using our illustrated instructions. So we’re here to help. Learn more below about our tools and resources to support you along the way.
Get an overview of the installation
Before you start opening packages and assembling things, set yourself up for success. Find out what’s involved in the entire installation process from start to finish. Watch our “How to Install Your IKEA Kitchen” film. Read these step-by-step instructions in our kitchen installation guide.
Follow individual product assembly
When you’re ready to assemble each product for your kitchen, use the same approach as you do with other IKEA products. Read first. Sort and gather. Proceed slowly and carefully. Be patient with yourself and know it’ll get easier. You can also browse all assembly videos on our YouTube channel.
5 year limited warranty on installation
Installation warranty is provided by an independent kitchen service providers and is for the installation of IKEA SEKTION kitchen products only. Installation of IKEA KNOXULT kitchen and any Non-IKEA products are warranted for one year. In the event of defects in workmanship and material, and the failure of the products supplied by an independent service provider to confirm with the agreement or warranty, an independent service provider will repair or replace said product or materials; provided, that the defect or malfunction was not due to accidents, alteration by the customer, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Become an IKEA kitchen subcontractor
Are you a kitchen installation contractor? Bring your kitchen installation skills to one of the world's largest home furnishing brands. IKEA provides our subcontractors with ongoing referrals, complete job-site control, and some of the best business practices in the industry.
IKEA will provide support with managing the projects, and the assurance that you will be paid on time. It’s just that simple and it starts with you.
Frequently asked questions
Please see below for specific details.
If you would like to have your kitchen design reviewed over the phone with a kitchen expert, you can click here.
After opening the link, please make sure to scroll down to "Contact kitchen experts" and open the "Webform" from there to fill out the form with your contact information. The kitchen expert will review the kitchen plan over the phone and answer all the questions that you may have. We can also provide a countertop and installation quote, depending on the availability of the service in your area.If the order is ready to be placed, we can assist with the payment as well.
Currently services such as kitchen installation, bathroom installation and assembly (apart from some delivery methods) are not available within the Shoppable app.
Kitchen installs typically cost 50% of the purchased kitchen price. For example, if the kitchen cost $3000.00, the installation would be approximately $1500.00. However, each kitchen project is different. Please ask for a free installation quote to get an accurate installation price for your kitchen project.
We always want to make sure you are satisfied with your kitchen installation. After the installation is complete, we will follow up with you to ensure you are happy with your new kitchen. You can always contact us if you have any questions or need further support after the installation.
The appliances need to be installed by skilled professionals. They will have the right cords for different customer's homes.
The usual reason a bad fit like this is that the lowest drawer hasn’t been assembled in the right way. It’s done slightly differently from the other drawers. Unfortunately, it’s not obvious that you’ve missed something until you install the last drawer. You’ll need to take another look at the assembly instructions.
A filler piece fills the space between the cabinet and the wall. It is cut from a cover panel. Filler pieces are necessary because you can’t install a cabinet right up close to the wall. If you don't mount a filler piece, there's a risk that you won’t be able to open your cabinet fully.
Yes. Our hinges are adjustable in height, depth and laterally. Our horizontal hinges work in the same way as our 110-degree vertical hinges. The main difference is that you can adjust the tension to allow for different weights of doors.
The recommendation is 21.5 square feet. Spread over 23⅝", you would need over 1 19/64" in height. It's important to have a ventilation grid in the toe-kick together with the ventilation above.
Use our SEKTION support bracket for island to keep the cabinets steady. Be sure to consult a professional before attaching to the floor, as there may be an underfloor heating system.
Valid from March 27 – May 2, 2023, on kitchen installation services only. While installation capacities last. No rain checks. To qualify: customer must book their kitchen installation appointment during the offer period & have their kitchen installed prior to August 31, 2023. Offer valid for addresses in Canada, where installation services are available. Kitchen installation value must be $2000 or more (before taxes) to qualify. Customers will receive a digital gift-card 5-7 business days after kitchen installation payment is completed. Offer not valid on previous purchases and cannot be combined with any other promotional offers. Other exclusions may apply. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. See your nearest IKEA Canada location for details. © Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2023.