Return and recycling service
Something new for you, something old for us!
The eco-friendly IKEA return service is the ideal way to dispose of your old mattress, sofa or electrical appliance when we deliver your new one. You can rest assured that we will recycle or reuse your old stuff to minimise the environmental impact as much as possible.
The return and recycling service is free of charge for mattresses and electrical appliances and costs just 29€ for sofas. You can return as many articles as you purchase. So if you buy one sofa, we’ll take one back. It’s a convenient way to free up space for your new purchase and keep your to-do list manageable (one less thing to worry about!
Return and recycling service options and prices
See the list of products eligible for the return and recycling service below. If your old IKEA furniture is in good condition and you can bring it to the store yourself, you might be able to exchange it for a refund voucher through the IKEA buyback programme. You can bring packaging materials, lamps and batteries to an IKEA store yourself for recycling
Return a mattress when a new one is delivered: free
We take your old mattress with us when we deliver your new one. State that you wish to use the return service when purchasing.
Return a sofa when a new one is delivered: 29€
We take your old sofa with us when we deliver your new one. State that you wish to use the return service when purchasing.
Return an electrical appliance when a new one is delivered: free
We take your old appliance with us when we deliver your new one. State that you wish to use the return service when purchasing.
How the IKEA return and recycling service works
- Buy the new IKEA products you need and love. Decide what needs to go at home to make way for your new stuff and whether we can help you with that. We’ll take away non-IKEA products too, although not all types of furniture are eligible.
- You need to book the return service when you purchase your new sofa, mattress or electrical appliance for delivery by truck. Ask one of our in-store sales co-workers about it. Note: this service is not available when you shop online.
- Prepare your old furniture for pick-up. Everything you want us to take away must be immediately ready to go when we arrive. Make sure that everything is easy to get out of your building. Say ‘tack och hej då’ (thanks and bye!) to your old stuff.
Good to know
- We cannot dismantle furniture. If your furniture does not fit through the door you’ll need to take it apart yourself.
- Your old products will be picked up at the delivery location on the delivery date.
- You can return as many articles as you purchase. (So if you buy one sofa, we’ll take one back.)
- We may refuse to take an article if the situation does not correspond to the description on the confirmation form.
- Old mattresses must be placed in a protective plastic cover before pick-up. (You can get one from Customer Service in the store.)
- This service is not available when you shop online.