Make veggie hot dogs your new barbecue favourite
Have a taste for the finer things in life? KORVMOJ veggie hot dogs, full of plant-based goodness, are now available to buy in the Swedish Food Market. Take home a pack and try these tasty recipes.
A meat-free twist on the classic barbecue hot dog
10 KORVMOJ vegetable hot dogs
10 hot dog buns
ROSTAD LÖK fried onions
SENAP GROV whole-grain mustard
Two cups white sugar
One cup water
One cup vinegar
Red cabbage, finely sliced
- First, make the pickled cabbage. Combine sugar, water and vinegar in a pan and bring to the boil. Put the cabbage in a KORKEN jar and fill it with the liquid. Close the lid and leave it to pickle for 1 week.
- Prepare the KORVMOJ hot dogs according to pack instructions.
- Toast the buns lightly on a grill.
- Add one hot dog per bun. Allow guests to season their own with fried onions, mustard and pickled cabbage to taste.
KORVMOJ hot dogs with butternut squash mash and grains
1 yellow onion
1kg butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled and diced
1l vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
250g BÄSTISAR mix of grains with mushroom
8 KORVMOJ vegetable hot dogs
Vegetable oil for frying
200ml finely chopped kale or cabbage
4tbsp SENAP GROV whole-grain mustard
6cm fresh horseradish
- Cut the onion into 4 wedges, then roast in the oven until soft.
- Boil the squash in the stock until soft.
- Blend the squash with a hand mixer and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare grains according to pack instructions.
- Prepare hot dogs according to pack instructions.
- Fry 2-3cm pieces of hot dog in a little oil with the kale.
- To serve, layer all the indredients in a dish.
- Finish by grating horseradish on top.
KORVMOJ veggie hot dogs are a more sustainable option that caters to everyone: vegetarians, vegans, flexiterians and anyone who enjoys good food!”
David JohanssonIKEA food developer
KORVMOJ hot dog wrap with avocado and chilli
1 red onion
8 KORVMOJ vegetable hot dogs
2 ripe avocados
4 BRÖD TUNNBRÖD soft thin bread slices
1tbsp chilli flakes
ROSTAD LÖK fried onion
50ml strong white vinegar
100ml chopped parsley
50ml chopped dill
3 cloves garlic
1/2 lemon, juice and grated peel
100ml mild olive oil
- First, mix the ingredients for the brine in a bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Slice the red onion thinly and add it to the brine. Marinate for at least an hour.
- Make the salsa by blitzing the ingredients in a blender.
- Prepare the hot dogs according to instructions. Slice half an avocado onto each thin bread, then layer the remaining ingredients, salsa and red onion on top.
- Fold the lower corners of the thin bread to make a wrap.
Bring home your favourite in-store snack
IKEA launched its plant-based hot dog in store bistros as part of the move to a healthier, more sustainable food offering. Now you can enjoy them at home.
Made from red lentils, quinoa, carrot and kale and available in packs of 10, find KORVMOJ vegetable hot dogs in the freezer section of the Swedish Food Market. They can be grilled, fried or oven-baked for a tasty, healthy fast food!