The fastest way for you to get answers
How do I buy online?
1. How do I place an order?
These are the general steps of your shopping journey with us:
- Choose your product, add to cart & amend the quantity
- Check order details
- Confirm your shopping cart
- Provide shipping & billing information
- Choose payment options and finalise payment
- You will see the payment transaction status on your screen
- For a successful transaction, we will email you the order confirmation shortly
2. Why are there products on the website that I cannot buy online?
The majority of our IKEA product range is available in our online shop. However, only products with available stock will appear with the "BUY" button.
3. Are your prices online the same as in store?
The price of our products online will normally be the same as the in-store prices. However, occasionally, some price differences might occur in the event of in-store only or online only promotion.
4. Can I place a corporate or bulk order?
1. What payment methods do you accept?
You can pay with Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and eNETS.
2. Do you offer financing options?
We currently offer IPP installment plans for 6,12,24 months for UOB, Amex and OCBC.
1. How much would delivery service cost?
Parcel Delivery - $15 per order
Order up to a weight of 40kg, a volume of 76 litres and a maximum length per item of 1.8 meter.
For Truck Delivery - $70 per order
Orders with furniture and bulky items.
Click here to see the details of the service.
2. What other charges do I have to take note of?
For Truck Delivery, an additional flat rate of $20 will apply if there is no lift access/items can’t fit in the lift at the delivery address which is located in a building from the 3rd floor onwards. This service is applicable up to the 5th floor only. Please pay the fee directly to the service provider.
3. When will I receive my order?
Please note that during major holiday seasons*, please allow an extra 1-3 business days for processing time due to high peak of orders.
*Chinese New Year, Hari Raya Puasa, Deepavali, Christmas, etc.
- Parcel Delivery: Delivery will take place within 7 days from the date of order.
- Truck Delivery: Delivery typically takes place within 7 days from the date of order. During peak season, we seek your kind understanding as delivery lead time may be longer due to the surge in order volume.
4. Where does IKEA deliver to?
We only deliver to addresses within the mainland of Singapore and Sentosa Island, excluding the non-delivery zones below.
- Changi Airport Transit Lounges
- Paya Lebar Airport Communication Centre
- Offshore islands (except Sentosa)
5. What are the delivery restrictions I should be aware of?
Kindly note that delivery to condos or gated residences is not available after 5 PM on weekdays, and the whole day on weekends and public holidays. Please ensure that the relevant permissions are obtained from the building/residential management for the chosen delivery date.
6. How do I tell you about delivery restrictions?
Please call us at +65 6786 6868 for assistance.
7. How do I tell you that I require drilling service for my purchase?
Drilling service is included for items that you have opted for assembly.
Please note that a drilling charge of $5/hole will be applicable, for Product(s) that require only wall-mounting and no assembly.
8. Can I order online and pick up my order from a store?
This option is currently not available.
9. What happens if I am not home to receive my order?
- Parcel Delivery: If you are unable to take delivery of any Parcel Delivery orders fulfilled by GoGoX, you will be contacted for re-delivery.
- Truck Delivery: Please call us at +65 6786 6868 to reschedule a new delivery date. A Re-Attendance fee shall apply for the next delivery attempt.
10. Will I be notified prior to delivery?
For Truck, you will receive an SMS notification and call prior to your scheduled appointment on the day of delivery.
For parcel delivery orders fulfilled by GoGoX, you will receive a call on the day of delivery.
11. How can I track my order?
Parcel Delivery: Click here to track your order status.
Truck Delivery: Click here to track your order status.
12. Callout fee
Should you wish to organize a separate assembly trip after delivery, the call out fee of 35$ will apply, please call us at +65 6786 6868 for rates.
1. How much would assembly service cost?
Assembly fee is 15% of the original product retail price for all other furniture that require assembly, for sofa and sofa bed items 10% of the original product retail price. This service is only available for truck deliveries and is also inclusive of installation of tip-over restraint for safety purpose (click here to find out more).
However, the service does not include electrical and plumbing. Click here to see the details of the service.
1. Is it cheaper for me to organise delivery from the store?
Delivery & service fee varies, depending on the product costs, assembly complexity and quantity of items intended for purchase. As always at IKEA, we ask our customers to do their part … and together we save.
2. I paid more for services for my online/in-store purchase, can I get a refund for the difference?
We regret to inform that we do not provide the refund for service once delivery orders are confirmed.
1. How do I amend my order?
No amendment can be done once the order and services are paid and confirmed. Re-attendance fee shall apply for the next delivery attempt. Please call us at +65 6786 6868 for any further assistance.
2. How do I cancel my order?
No cancellation can be done once the order and services are paid and confirmed. Please call us at +65 6786 6868 for any further assistance.
Returns and refund online order
1. What do I do if an item from my delivery is missing or defective?
Please call us at +65 6786 6868 for assistance.
2. How do I return or exchange an item?
If you would like to return your products to one of our IKEA stores, please bring along a printed copy of the tax invoice you received per e-mail after your purchase. Otherwise, we will not be able to process your requests.
3. How soon will I receive my refund?
Refunds will be done via the initial payment mode and may take up to 15 working days. Please note that refund amount is subjected to conditions of the products.
Due to the current situation evolving around Covid-19, please allow up to 7 days in addition to normal lead time for IPP and Enets refunds.
IKEA FAMILY offers & loyalty points
1. Will I earn IKEA FAMILY loyalty points from my purchases online?
Yes, earn 1 point for every $1 spent. Please indicate your IKEA FAMILY membership number (16 digits) in the Address page as you are checking out. Your account will be credited with the loyalty points 7 business days after delivery. For questions about the IKEA FAMILY program, you may refer to our list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
*Please note that only IKEA FAMILY card issued in the same country of delivery will be qualified for loyalty points.
2. Can I redeem IKEA FAMILY voucher online?
IKEA FAMILY vouchers are only redeemable in the stores (Alexandra and Tampines).
3. Can I purchase IKEA FAMILY product offers online?
IKEA FAMILY product offers are available at the IKEA store (Alexandra, Tampines and/or Jurong). To enjoy the product at the FAMILY prices, do visit your nearest IKEA store!
Click here to know more on how to purchase IKEA kitchen.
1. Where are the IKEA stores?
IKEA Alexandra is located at 317 Alexandra Road, Singapore 159965;
IKEA Tampines is located at 60 Tampines North Drive 2, Singapore 528764; and
IKEA Jurong is located at 50 Jurong Gateway Road, #02-12/13/14 #03-15/16/17, #04-20/21/22 Jem, Singapore 608549.
2. What are your opening hours?
3. Can I get help to plan a room?
We offer an online planning tool which allows you to choose furniture to fit the exact measurements of the rooms in your home. Experiment with different combinations, swap things around and try different styles until you’re satisfied with the result. You can view and print out the best options, with all the measurements. Click here to start planning.
4. How much are the delivery and assembly charges?
In our IKEA stores you can choose from 3 delivery options:
- Delivery with picking included $70
- Delivery only $55
Delivery lead time will be three days subject to the availability of delivery slots. Storage charges do not apply in the event that the earliest delivery date is more than three days from purchase.
Assembly fee is 15% of the original product retail price for all other furniture that require assembly, for sofa and sofa bed items 10% of the original product retail price. This service is only available for truck option and is also inclusive of installation of tip-over restraint for safety purpose (click here to find out more).
However, the service does not include electrical and plumbing.
Click here to see the details of the service.
5. Can I return items?
It’s okay to change your mind! Bring back your unassembled items with the original packaging and your receipt within 365 days for an exchange or refund.
We regret that we are unable to accept returns of assembled goods, cut fabrics & blinds, goods damaged after leaving the IKEA store except due to manufacturing defaults, items on sale, products from the AS-IS corner, bed linen, and items made to your specific requirements such as kitchens. Click here for our Returns Policy.
6. Why are items sometimes out of stock?
Every effort is made to maintain the availability of items shown in the catalogue, brochures, leaflets, newsletters, website, and the showroom, but due to popularity and supply issues, some products may not always be available. Generally, we can estimate when a product should be back in stock. Because IKEA products are manufactured throughout the world, there are sometimes circumstances which can cause delivery delays.
7. How many products are in the IKEA product range?
There are about 12,000 products in the total IKEA product range. Each store carries a selection of these 12,000 products depending on store size. The core range is the same worldwide.
8. Where are IKEA products purchased?
More than 2,000 suppliers in over 50 countries manufacture our products. The profile of our well-designed and high-quality range is distinctively Swedish/Scandinavian. The low price is literally built into the production, and the flat packs facilitate a rational distribution, self-service and immediate takeaway. All of our products are labelled "Design and Quality, IKEA of Sweden."
9. What methods of payment can I use?
Our cashiers accept cash, credit cards, debit cards, IKEA gift cards, and IKEA FAMILY points (instant redemption).
10. How can I purchase IKEA Gift Cards?
If you can't decide what to buy friends or family, let them decide with the IKEA Gift Cards. It is especially handy for holiday gift-giving, wedding and housewarming gifts. Read more about IKEA Gift Cards here.
11. My furniture is missing a piece/hardware, how can I get it?
If you purchased your product from the IKEA store, we welcome you to bring your original receipt and assembly instructions to the Exchange and Returns counter and talk to our friendly Customer Service officers for the hardware you require.
12. Does IKEA have support for physically disabled shoppers?
To make shopping more convenient and comfortable for the disabled, we provide:
- Privilege parking lots near the store entrance
- The loan of wheelchair services
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms
- Wide pathways in the store for easy manoeuvre for those using wheelchairs
13. How can I get large items home?
Most IKEA products are flat-packed, making them easy to transport. The IKEA store offers (or will refer you to) a home delivery service if you prefer. Home delivery is not included in the product price. Click here for more information.
1. Who owns the IKEA concept?
IKEA retailing, with its Swedish roots, is based on a franchise system. Inter IKEA Systems B.V., located in Delft, The Netherlands, is the owner and franchisor of the IKEA Concept. IKEA stores are operated by a number of different franchisees in 29 countries.
2. Can I distribute IKEA products?
The IKEA experience is more than just products; it is a retail concept. For the concept to work, it is necessary to have all aspects in place. Therefore, IKEA products are sold only in IKEA stores franchised by Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
3. How can I become a franchisee?
IKEA products are sold solely in stores operating the IKEA Retail System - franchised by Inter IKEA Systems B.V. of The Netherlands.
Franchises are granted by Inter IKEA Systems B.V. as part of a detailed expansion plan. Serious applicants are carefully researched and evaluated ,and franchises are granted only to companies and/or individuals with strong financial backing and a proven record in retail.
Serious inquiries (please include all relevant information) may be sent or faxed to:
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. Olof Palmestraat 1NL-2616 LN Delft, The Netherlands
Fax: +31 15 215 38 38
4. What is the IKEA Group?
The IKEA Group is a private group of companies owned by a charitable foundation in The Netherlands. The IKEA Group is active in developing, purchasing, distributing and selling IKEA products. The IKEA group is the biggest group of franchisees operating over 100 IKEA stores. The Management Services to the IKEA Group are provided by IKEA International A/S in Humlebaek, Denmark.
5. What is the IKEA business idea?
The IKEA business idea is: "We shall offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
6. How can I find out about job opportunities within IKEA?
If you are out-going, dedicated, customer-service orientated and interested in working as part of a team, contact the IKEA store near you for possible openings.
7. How does IKEA approach environmental issues?
We're working to create a better environment outdoors as well as indoors.
1. What settings or software do I need on my computer to view the IKEA site?
The IKEA site works with all commonly used browsers, on both PC and MAC platforms. If you experience any issues during your visit on our website, please upgrade to the latest version.
2. What information is collected about me when I visit the site?
We do not require any information to obtain access to any part of our site unless specifically stated. We may ask for specific information in order to provide a service to you, such as sending you a catalogue. Information requested may include name, title, company, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
We do anonymously track traffic patterns using cookies, in order to measure site performance and make improvements. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your computer that are read by the browser. These cookies will be automatically deleted after you leave the site.
3. Can I find all IKEA products on this site?
This site features hundreds of IKEA products as a way of demonstrating the breadth and depth of our product range; however, this is only a small portion of IKEA’s complete product range. Each store carries a much larger selection. Be sure to visit your local IKEA store for a look at our full selection.
4. How do I check stock availability?
You can check the stock availability before you visit the store on the website or call our hotline at +65 6786 6868. Lines are open daily between 10 AM – 11 PM.
Every effort is made to maintain the availability of items shown in the catalogue, but due to popularity and supply issues, some products may not always be available.
How do I share feedback?
If you want to share your feedback about any experience you have had in the store or with our website, mobile app, any of our services of with customer service:
1. Click here to be redirected to our Feedback page.
2. Answer three simple questions to share your feedback. Please share as much details as possible for the first question.