Plant-based mince loaf with mashed potatoes and classic Swedish sides
Garlic-spiced plant-based mince loaf served with creamy mashed potatoes and classic Swedish sides like cream sauce, lingonberries and pickled cucumber.
Serves: 4 | Time: 20 minutes
ALLEMANSRÄTTEN mix for cream sauce
ALLEMANSRÄTTEN mashed potatoes
750 g VÄRLDSKLOK shapeable
1 brown onion
1 pressed garlic clove
1 tsp. dried rosemary
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
0.5 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
SMAKRIK rapeseed oil for frying
250 g frozen lingonberries
0.5 dl powdered sugar
0.5 dl vinegar
3.5 dl water
2.5 tbsp. sugar
1 pinch of salt
2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
Step by step:
- Thaw and spread out the mince on a platter for about 30 minutes, it should not have time to reach room temperature.
- Set the oven to 225℃.
- Finely chop the onion and fry in rapeseed oil until soft.
- Mix the minced meat with the other ingredients and form a loaf (with wet hands) on a sheet of baking paper.
- Bake it in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes until it has a nice colour and feels firm.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes and the cream sauce by using the instructions on the package.
- Put the lingonberries in a bowl, sprinkle over the sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the lingonberries have thawed.
- Mix the vinegar, water and sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Slice the cucumber thinly, preferably with a mandolin.
- Put the cucumber in the mixture, add the salt and parsley. Rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.