Ideas for a relaxing or romantic spot, at home.
Unwind alone or cuddle up with your beloved with these flexible ideas that make relaxing more comfortable.
1. A seat for two: For a comfy lounge area, place two smaller sofas facing one another with a common table in between. Push the sofas back-to-back to be together while doing different activities like reading or watching TV.
2. Section the areas for relaxation and other tasks: Divide your space and put your feet up for some me-time. Hanging a roller blind from the ceiling lets one person watch a movie while the other sits at the table behind them undisturbed.
3. An airy canopy for a cosy snuggling spot: Not only does the canopy add a soft look to your sofa, but it also creates a dreamy little nook.
4. Privacy according to your moods: Having a flexible room divider in between two armchairs lets you enjoy privacy when you need it. And if you’re in the mood for company, just keep it flat against the wall. Either way, the divider provides extra storage space for books or plants and a place to hang photos.
5. Transform your sofa into a private corner: Adding rails and curtains around your sofa is a great way to create a super cosy nook. Combining two straight rails with corner units to build out from the wall and adding two more to completely cover your sofas should do the trick.
6. Near or far? You decide: Want to hold hands? Or maybe not? Overlap the chaise lounges or don’t - choose how to arrange them, depending on the interaction you want.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior designer: Fredrik Biel
Photographer: Daniel Wester
Writer: Vanessa Algotsson