It's OK to change your mind!
Effective October 22, 2020
If you’re not totally satisfied with your IKEA purchase you can return new and unopened products within 365 days, together with your proof of purchase, for a full refund. You may also return open products within 180 days, with your proof of purchase, for a full refund.
Sorry, we do not accept returns on plants, cut fabric, custom countertops and as-is products. We are unable to refund or exchange your items if your merchandise is found to be modified from its original form when purchased, dirty, stained, or damaged.
Removal and Pick-up services at customers’ homes vary by market. If the Pick-up service is available in your area, please bring your product to your covered porch, garage or doorstep.
- You must have your receipt and valid government issued photo ID in order to return or exchange your product. Information from your ID will be retained in a company-wide database to be used only for authorizing returns.
- Refunds will be made in the same form of payment originally used to make the purchase.
- Only the net purchase price as shown on receipt will be refunded. Returns are not accepted at the IKEA Planning Studio. Customers whose closest IKEA location is Queens, please address your return to IKEA Brooklyn.
- Mattress purchases may be exchanged for another mattress one time within 90 days.
- Promotional Terms & Conditions: When a promotional item included in the original transaction is not returned, the value of the promotional item will be deducted from the refund amount.
- Updated 11/2/2020: IKEA U.S. will not be participating in the global IKEA Buy Back program at this time. Please hold on to, or find other ways to donate, sell or recycle, your used IKEA furniture at this time. Read the full statement here.