5 new ways to use your trones shoe cabinets
Sure, our trusty TRONES was created to store shoes, but it’s so sturdy and sleek we figured there had to be some other cool ways to use it. Here are some of our favourites.
1. We spend a lot of time around our entertainment centers, so shouldn’t they be stylish? That means hiding away unsightly cables, DVD collections, and consoles. Here’s a simple solution.
2. Create a headboard and linen storage in one. Line the edges with LED light strips for an extra dose of mood lighting.
3. Dog owners, rejoice! You know that mess of leashes, toys and towels? Well, now you have one place to keep them all organised. Add a couple of TRONES boxes near the door so you and your pup are always ready to go.
4. Create a temporary bar area by filling your TRONES with ice to keep your glasses and bubbles chilled. You can even place one on your balcony or back porch for those long-awaited summer nights. It’s also easy to remove from the wall to pour out the melted ice.
5. How does your garden grow? In a TRONES? Why not? The durable plastic means it stands up to the elements. And since mushrooms require a nice, dark place to flourish, it’s the perfect place to grow your own!
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior designer: Martina Andersson
Photographer: Joakim Persson