IKEA interior design service Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for the UK online interior design service
- These terms and conditions apply to the online interior design for your Home service and the Remote Interior Design for your Business service by IKEA as available on the website.
- The online interior design for your home service is tailored for private customers only while the online interior design for your Business service is tailored for Business customers only. For further reference both private and Business customers will be referred to as the “Customer”.
- Both services are limited in time, as detailed below, and happen remotely with an Online Interior Designer (the “Designer”).:
a)Online interior design: two appointments comprising of 1) up to 60-minute consultation appointment; 2) up to 30-minute presentation of plans and sharing a link to pay.
b)Online interior design Business: up to three appointments comprising of 1) up to 60-minute consultation appointment: 2) up to 30-minute presentation of plans and feedback and 3) final up to 15-minute appointment with updated plans and sharing a payment link.
- During the appointments the Designer will assist the Customer in considering a broad range of options within the IKEA range based on the provided measurements and budget from the Customer. The design will be presented as a mood board, product board of furniture and home furnishing accessories where functionally relevant, plan and wall elevation, (the “Proposal”). The design will consist of recommended products intended for the specific use of the product. Additionally, for Business Customers only, the design will also include 3D drawings if applicable.
- The customer should review the specifications on the IKEA website and product instructions to decide on the suitability of the products for the customer’s intended use. The customer accepts that no additional warranties or consumer rights relating to the product beyond those given in the IKEA terms and conditions of sale shall apply. Any such warranties, express or implied, are hereby fully excluded.
- The Service must be booked using the web planner which can be found on the website. Once the booking is confirmed, an online survey will need to be completed in order to help the Designer with regards to what room(s) the services are required for, what the needs of the room(s) are, and the design styles preferred. The customer may send images of the room(s) they want advice on along with measurements for the room(s) which allows the Designer to begin planning. IKEA accepts no liability for room dimension accuracy provided by the customer, unless the customer has used the IKEA Kitchen measuring service.
- The services are subject to a fee:
a)The online interior design: £65 for two appointments, for a room up to 20sqm.
b)The online interior design Business: £250 for three appointments. Any subsequent meetings for revisions after the third appointment shall have an additional fee of £65 per revision.
Fees shall be paid while booking the service on the website. And shall not be refundable under any circumstances, unless the appointment has been cancelled by IKEA and no new date could be agreed.
- IKEA reserves the right to cancel the booking within 24 hours of the appointment. IKEA shall use reasonable endeavours to provide the customer with advance notice of any cancellation. However, in any circumstances where an appointment is cancelled, the customer will be offered a new appointment or a refund if not new date could be agreed.
- The customer may cancel the appointment at any time before the appointment is scheduled by emailing, for Participating IKEA Stores in Great Britain, email@example.com. Attempts will be made to reschedule the appointment within a four-week period pending availability.
- It cannot be guaranteed that the customer will always find suitable products, however the full range of what the Participating IKEA Stores can offer subject to availability and suitability will be offered.
- Any products mentioned from external suppliers or sole traders suggested by the Designer to implement the Service are utilised at the customers own discretion and risk and are therefore excluded from the scope of these Terms and Conditions. Any products from external suppliers or sole traders are recommended for the customers own convenience only. IKEA has no control over external suppliers or sole traders and accept no legal responsibility for any products purchased from external suppliers or sole traders. Any reference to any external supplier or sole trader does not mean that IKEA endorses that third party’s website, products or services. The customer’s use of that external suppliers or sole traders website, product or service shall be governed by the terms and conditions of that external supplier or sole trader and is at the customer’s own risk.
- IKEA reserves the right to withdraw the Service or amend these conditions at any time without notice.
- The Service is provided, and this offer is made, by Ikea Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 7th floor, 100 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 1FH. Our VAT number is 527773320.