IKEA Jacksonville to welcome shoppers on November 8 with grand opening festivities and promotions
10/17/2017 6:00 AM
Jacksonville, FL, November 2, 2017 – IKEA Jacksonville announced today the full schedule of grand opening events to celebrate the store opening on November 8th. Shoppers will be greeted with family friendly-events, special offers and thousands of dollars in gift cards and merchandise—including an iconic EKTORP sofa for each of the first 46 adults in line and a POÄNG armchair for the next 100.
“We are excited to be opening our 46th store in the U.S. and our fifth in the state of Florida,” said Leontyne Green Sykes, store manager. “We have received such a warm welcome from the Jacksonville community, and we want to return the favor by welcoming our shoppers with food, fun and iconic IKEA products.”
Customers may begin lining up at 9 a.m. EST on Monday, November 6 – 48 hours before the store’s opening at 9 a.m. EST on Wednesday, November 8. Entertainment for customers waiting in line will be begin at 6 a.m. EST on opening day with the ceremony starting at 8:15 a.m.
“We want customers to thoroughly enjoy the grand opening experience. In preparation, we have worked with the city of Jacksonville to secure additional overflow parking and we will have shuttles available for those directed to our temporary parking spaces,” said Green Sykes.
Fun giveaways throughout the grand opening weekend include:
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
- Rest Assured*- The first 46 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free EKTORP three-seat sofa, honoring our 46th U.S. store.
- Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!)* –The next 100 adults (18 & older) will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
- For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
- Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or soft-serve frozen yogurt voucher.
- Happy Birthday to You and Us – The first 100 adults (18 & older) bringing proof to IKEA Jacksonville that their birthday is the same as the store’s will receive a gift card for $46, a tie-in corresponding to IKEA Jacksonville as the 46th U.S. IKEA store. Offer valid only on Nov. 8.
Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Sleep Like Royalty* – The first 46 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free queen-sized HAUGESUND mattress.
- Cozy Comfort* – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free ALINA “sleep set” that includes bedspread and cushion covers.
- Kids’ Best Friend – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free GOSIG golden dog soft toy.
Friday, November 10, 2017
- Cook Like a Pro* – The first 46 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free 4-piece SENSUELL cookware set.
- Meatballs for a Year* – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a voucher for 12 monthly meatball meals for two at IKEA Jacksonville’s Restaurant through next year, expiring on November 30, 2018.
- A Cold Sweet-ish Treat – The first 100 children (17 & under) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt available that day at IKEA Jacksonville’s Exit Bistro.
Saturday, November 11, 2017
- A Meal on Us- As a thank you for your service, veterans can enjoy a complimentary entree in the IKEA Restaurant by showing a form of military ID (active/reserve/retired).
Wednesday, November 8 - Sunday, November 12, 2017
- Play Big If You’re Little – Balloon artists, entertainment and face-painting will enhance the family-friendly fun at IKEA Jacksonville from November 8 through November 12, 2017.
- Enter Our Home, Enter to Win – From November 8 through November 12, 2017, visitors to IKEA Jacksonville may enter for a chance to win one of twenty $250 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program.
*One per household
In addition, IKEA U.S. announced that as part of the grand opening celebration it is offering a one day deal on two iconic products - the BILLY bookcase and IKEA Meatballs - for customers in IKEA locations across the country. On November 8th, select BILLY bookcases will be sold in-store and online for $49* and customers will be able to purchase three bags of IKEA meatballs for $19.99. *Customers should visit IKEA-USA.com for more details.
ABOUT IKEA GROUP
Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. IKEA has been included in rankings of “Best Companies to Work For” and strives to be an employer of choice. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information see IKEA-USA.com, @IKEAUSA, @IKEAUSANews, or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
(610) 834-0180, x5615
Kate Mitchell, Burson-Marsteller