6 new takes on our GRUNDTAL knife rack
We love to hack our own products! In fact, we try to find crazy new ways to use them as often as we can. You’d be surprised what you can do with a little bit of creativity and a magnetic knife rack.
1. Getting creative? Try mounting a few knife racks wherever you call your studio. Wet, paint-filled brushes will stay upright and close at hand.
2. Simplify dinnertime with the help of GRUNDTAL racks. Paint them with chalkboard paint and mount one for each day of the week, then post your recipes to plan out your meals.
3. Drill bits, screws, nails. Talk about a mess. Keep the lot organized on handy, magnetized GRUNDTAL racks and containers with clear lids.
4. Dress up your craft corner and save your fingers from nicks and cuts all at once. Just glue a pretty textile around the knife rack and mount it to the wall, keeping your sharp tools out of the way.
5. Nothing creates a bigger mess than kids with beads. We can’t help you clean up, but we can offer you this easy storage idea. Fasten a GRUNDTAL knife rack to the bottom of a small shelf, and place the beads in jars with metal lids. Easy to reach for and easy to keep out of the way.
6. Get out your spray cans! Paint your knife racks and magnets and use them to hang your favorite photos.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial warranties and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior designer: Majken Fokdal Persson
Copywriter: Vanessa Algotsson
Photographer: Kristian Krebs