Our IKEA return policy
We’ve detailed everything about our generous IKEA return policy – which is the same for all customers and all channels – on this page.
At IKEA, it’s OK to change your mind. Sometimes what seemed perfect for your home, office or garden, just isn’t. Returning a product to us is convenient and hassle-free, no matter how or where it’s bought.
Returning unopened IKEA products
You can return many unopened IKEA products within 365 days, for a full refund. No rush, no complicated conditions. It’s best to bring your proof of purchase – but if you can’t find it, we’ll help you locate your digital receipt.
IKEA products that can’t be returned
We are unable to offer refunds or exchange for custom made worktops, food or drinks. Unless faulty, we may refuse the return or only offer a refund card if the returns criteria are not fully met.
Things to note: IKEA returns, IKEA refunds and IKEA exchanges
- When you return anything, please bring your receipt.
- We issue refunds in the payment form used to buy the product.
- More than 365 days since you bought your product? You can still sell furniture back to us as part of our IKEA Buyback & Resell service.
- We offer a free IKEA spare parts service as part of our commitment to prolonging product life.
The IKEA ‘Love it or exchange it’ policy
‘Love it or exchange it’ is our IKEA 90-day trial scheme for newly purchased mattresses.
It takes time for you and your new mattress to get used to each other. That's why we give you 90 days to be sure you're compatible. So, after you’ve slept on it a while, you can exchange your mattress if you find it too firm or too soft. When you've found your perfect match, you can sleep easy for years to come with our free 10-year guarantee.
Things to note: IKEA mattress exchange
- You can exchange your mattress once within 90 days.
- The only condition is that it’s not dirty, marked or damaged.
- The policy doesn’t apply to SULTAN bed bases, bed slats or IKEA mattress pads.
- New mattresses often feel a bit too firm, so wait at least a month for your body to get used to the mattress and for the mattress to get used to your body.
- To get the best comfort you also need the right pillow, make sure you have a pillow that suits you and your new mattress.
- Once you’ve found your perfect mattress, it’ll be covered by our 10-year IKEA mattress guarantee. Terms and conditions for our guarantee can be found in our guarantee brochures. This return policy and our guarantee do not affect your statutory rights.
- If your mattress exchange is an upgrade, you’ll just cover the price difference between the original and the replacement.
- If the replacement’s price is lower, we’ll credit the difference to an IKEA Refund card for you to use towards a future purchase..
Having difficulty assembling your IKEA purchase?
If you purchased IKEA furniture and are having difficulty assembling it, you don't have to return it!
Let TaskRabbit assemble it for you!
Frequently asked questions
Simply bring your mattress and receipt to any IKEA store, and we’ll help you find a different one. If you had your mattress delivered via our Home Delivery Service the collection and delivery of the replacement mattress will be free-of-charge.
You have 365 days for returns
That's why we give you 365 days to return your purchases. If the item is still in its packaging, we will refund the cost of the item via your original payment method and we'll be able to look for another home for it straight away.
You may exchange your mattress once within 90 days if you don't love it, provided that it is not dirty, marked or damaged. Simply take your mattress back to the IKEA store with your receipt and we will help you find one that suits you better. Please note that initially, your new mattress can seem a bit too firm.
We are unable to offer refunds or exchange for custom made worktops, food or drinks. Unless faulty, we may refuse the return or only offer a refund card if the returns criteria are not fully met. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Read our full terms and conditions.
Gift and Refund cards(s) can be used at any IKEA store in: Gift cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights. The balance cannot be converted into cash. The value on the card(s) cannot be used to pay credit card or IKEA Business account balances.