Regulations on pet access to IKEA stores and points of contact for IKEA Spain
The purpose of these regulations is to establish the terms and conditions according to which pets may enter IKEA Spain stores, and to set out the obligations and responsibilities of pet owners and/or those responsible for pets, who automatically accept these regulations upon entering IKEA with their pets.
Circulation of pets
- Each family unit may be accompanied by a maximum of two pets when visiting IKEA.
- Pets are allowed in all our facilities except in the Restaurant, Bistro and Swedish Store areas, where only duly accredited dogs can access. Access to the consumption area is allowed only in those stores where an outdoor terrace is enabled.
- Pets are permitted in all of our stores, except in Restaurant, Bistro and Swedish Food Market areas, where only guide or therapy dogs with proper accreditation are allowed.
- Pets of any kind must be accompanied and held via a non-extendable lead up to 1.5 m in length at all times during their visit to IKEA.Pets are not permitted to circulate freely within IKEA stores under any circumstances.Pets may not be left unattended or tied to objects or IKEA furniture, either in indoor or outdoor spaces, under any circumstances.
- Pets are not permitted on furniture in any shopping or relaxation areas, either in indoor or outdoor spaces.Pets must, at all times, remain on the floor or in carriers that they are unable to leave.
- Pets may be taken to toilet areas, but may not drink from sinks under any circumstances.
- Dog breeds considered to be potentially dangerous must wear a muzzle and be held on a short lead at all times.These breeds are stipulated in Royal Decree 287/2002 of 22 March, implementing Law 50/1999 of 23 December on the legal rules on the possession of potentially dangerous animals.These include: American Staffordshire Terrier, Bullmastiff, Dobermann, Dogo Argentino, French Mastiff, Brazilian Mastiff, Neapolitan Mastiff, Bull Terrier, Pit Bull Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Staffordshire Terrier and Tosa Inu, cross-breeds or hybrids, and any canine that is trained for defence or attack, or that is aggressive.
- All pet owners must carry, at all times, bags to pick up waste and, if necessary, cleaning wipes.
- Furthermore, they must avoid their pets relieving themselves within our stores.If this happens, the owner must immediately pick up the waste and clean the pet, and notify IKEA staff so that the area can be disinfected by the Cleaning team.
- Further to the requirements set out in these regulations, the owners of pets that enter IKEA must comply with the legislation in force as regards animals in the Autonomous Community in which the IKEA store is located, as well as with the Ordinance regulating the possession, control and protection of domestic animals of the local government of the area where the IKEA store they are visiting is located.
Admission of pets
- Pets that are visibly weak or ill or do not appear to be in an acceptable state of hygiene will not be allowed to enter.Pets that exhibit visibly or potentially aggressive behaviour will also not be allowed to enter.
- IKEA reserves the right to deny entry to, or prevent the circulation of, pets that pose a danger or present clear characteristics meaning that they may negatively impact the normal functioning of the store or the comfort or safety of customers, co-workers and other pets.
- To ensure the safety of customers and avoid situations of danger or unease for people or animals, IKEA reserves the right to control the admission of pets to any event held anywhere in the store.
- IKEA has the right to request that the owner of any pet that breaches any of the points set out in these regulations leave our store, as well as the owner of any pet that impinges upon or threatens the well-being and safety of customers, whether due to its behaviour, noise or hygiene.
- IKEA reserves the right to modify these regulations if it deems it necessary.
Liability for damage
- The owner or responsible person will be liable for damage and/or harm caused by their pet to IKEA property or third parties, and for any expense or cost arising therefrom.