Chai and chili toasted chickpeas
Spicy, salty and just slightly tangy, these chickpeas are like little firecrackers. The perfect accompaniment to any sparkling drink.
Makes: 250 g Time: 35 min
Ca. 250 g canned chickpeas, boiled
1 bag EGENTID black chai with ginger and elderberries
1 tbsp vegetable oil
½ tbsp chili flakes
1 tsp sea salt flakes, crushed
Step by step:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and rub them quickly with a towel to get rid of most of the skins.
- Place them in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss with your hands to coat evenly.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, scatter the chickpeas on top and toast them in the oven for 30 mins until they are golden and crispy.
- Allow them to cool slightly on the baking sheet before serving.
Note: Best enjoyed on the day they are made, but they can be stored in the refrigerator overnight and eaten the following day.