The fastest way for you to get answers.
How to shop at IKEA?
1. How to shop at IKEA?
- Pay attention to the color of the label, it will indicate the area where you can collect your product or if you need to contact a collaborator.
- Coordinate the delivery service with a collaborator if the item you want is not available in the store.
2. How does the Store Purchase Delivery Service work?
If the product you want is in our warehouse or you simply want us to take it to your home, it is necessary that you coordinate the delivery with a collaborator so that you can choose the delivery date. Learn more about our delivery service here.
How to shop online?
1. How do I place an order?
These are the general steps of your shopping journey with us:
- Choose your product, add to cart & select the quantity.
- Provide shipping & billing information.
- Choose payment options and finalise payment.
- You will see the payment transaction status on your screen,
- For a successful transaction, we will email you the order confirmation shortly.
2. Why are there products on the website that I cannot buy online?
The majority of our IKEA product range is available in our online shop. However, only products with available stock will appear with the "BUY" button.
3. Are your prices online the same as in-store?
The price of our products online will normally be the same as the in-store prices. However, occasionally, some price differences might occur in the event of in-store only or online only promotion.
4. Can I place a corporate or bulk order?
1. What payment methods do you accept?
You can pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express. Remember that purchases can only be made with cards issued in Mexico.
You can also make your purchases with PayPal.
2. Do you offer financing options?
Click here to see our updated financing options.
1. How much would delivery service cost?
- Parcel Delivery - $ 100 per order
Order less than 24kg, with maximum dimensions per item as listed:
Length: 1.75 m
Width: 70 cm
Height: 43.5 cm
Diameter: 40 cm
- For Truck Delivery - $ 600 per order
(Within Mexico City, the State of Mexico, Hidalgo, Jalisco, Morelos, Puebla, Querétaro, Tlaxcala, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Guanajuato and San Luis Potosí.)
Orders with furniture or bulky items, above the parcel maximum dimensions.
Click here to see the details of the services.
- Click & Collect - $ 250
It’s easy to use, find more about it here.
- Parcel Delivery - $ 100 per order
2. When will I receive my order?
- Parcel Delivery
Delivery will take place within 10 business days from the order date. In the case of Yucatán, Quintana Roo & Oaxaca it can take up to 15 business days.
- Parcel Delivery
- Truck Delivery
We strive to deliver on your preferred delivery date, if there’s any change you will be notified by call or email.
- Truck Delivery
Latest update: 23/01/2023
3. Has IKEA established preventive measures due COVID-19 on deliveries?
Yes, we work with high security measures in deliveries, learn about them here.
4. Where does IKEA deliver to?
Before buying check out our delivery zones. CDMX, the State of Mexico, Hidalgo, Jalisco, Morelos, Puebla, Querétaro, Tlaxcala, Nuevo León, Guanajuato and San Luis Potosí. For full details, click here.
5. Can I order online and pick up from a store?
This option is currently not available.
6. What happens if I am not home to receive my order?
- Parcel Delivery
Transport Service Provider will call you in advance to arrange each delivery attempt up to 3 attempts. If you are unable to receive your order in the first attempt, the second attempt of delivery will happen within the next 24 hours, the third and last attempt will happen within the following five days after the second attempt.
If you are unable to receive your Parcel Delivery within any attempt, your order will be returned to our warehouse, please call us at 55 8310 8310 for assistance.
- Parcel Delivery
- Truck Delivery
Please call us at 55 8310 8310 for a follow-up. A Re-Attendance fee shall apply for the next delivery attempt.
- Truck Delivery
7. Will I be notified prior to delivery?
Yes, for Parcel and Truck orders you will receive an email the day your order goes out for delivery. Plus, our Transport Service Provider will contact you prior to your order being delivered.
8. How can I track my order?
9. If I choose to collect my order, does it have any cost?
Yes, collection point service costs $ 250 per order.
10. What do I need to pick up my order from the collection point?
If you selected this option, you will be notified when your order is ready to collect. Remember to bring your order number and an official identification.
11. What are the service hours of the different collection points?
1. How much would assembly service cost?
Assembly fee is $ 1 000 per order. This service is only available for truck option and is also inclusive of installation of tip-over restraint for safety purpose (click here to find out more). However, the service does not include electrical, plumbing and all other drilling works.
Click here to see the details of the service.
2. Can I ask for the assembly service after placing my order?
The assembly service can only be added at the time of ordering. If you need advice to read the assembly manual you can contact us at 55 8310 8310.
1. How does this service work?
At IKEA we seek to offer our customers the possibility of obtaining additional spare parts if necessary.
2. Can all spare parts be ordered with this service?
No, it is only possible to order the components that you can find at IKEA.mx. For this, it is necessary to know the part number found in your product's assembly manual, if you do not have it you can download a copy on the product information page at IKEA.mx
3. Can furniture parts (such as shelves, drawers, etc.) be ordered through this service (such as shelves, drawers, etc.)?
No, this is only for spare parts for assembling the furniture, (such as screws, nuts, etc.)
Find out more here.
4. Can replacement parts be ordered for discontinued items?
Yes, as long as these components are available at IKEA.mx
5. Is there a limit to the number of pieces I can order?
The limit is 30 pieces per order if requested online, if you require more pieces we invite you to go to the Customer Service area in the IKEA stores.
6. How long will it take to receive the parts?
Remember that deliveries are made through Correos de México, so the estimated term is more than 60 days.
7. Is there a shipping fee?
It is free, however; Import fees or related charges may apply as parts are shipped from Slovakia. This will be notified directly by the company that is providing the service and they will inform you of the steps to follow and, as well as the costs.
8. Can I track my order?
You cannot track in real time, but you can know if your order has already been sent through the link you received in the confirmation email of your order.
Track my order
Online order amendment
1. How do I amend my order?
No amendment can be done once the order and services are paid and confirmed. Please call us at 55 8310 8310 for any further assistance.
2. How do I cancel my order?
No cancellation can be done once the order and services are paid and confirmed. Please call us at 55 8310 8310 for any further assistance.
Returns and refund for online orders
1. What do I do if an item from my delivery is missing or defective?
Please call us at 55 8310 8310 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
2. How do I return or exchange an item?
Please call us at 55 8310 8310 for assistance. Click here for our Return Policy.
3. How soon will I receive my refund?
Reimbursements will be done in the same form of the initial payment and they may take up to 15 business days after we receive the products back to be processed. The amount of the reimbursement is subject to the conditions of the products.
The amount of days for your reimburments to be processed may vary depending on your bank.
Due to the changing sanitary COVID-19 situation, please consider that 7 additional days can be added to the regular time for a reimbursement to be processed.
For all the information regarding IKEA Family click here.
1. Once I subscribe to the membership, will I receive an IKEA Family card?
Being part of our loyaltY program IKEA Family, you will get a digital card which you can use in our physical and online IKEA stores.
2. How does the IKEA Family points work?
For every $ 1 peso spent in the IKEA store equals 1 IKEA Family point. Points earned in the actual year will expire 1 year later, December 31st, depending on the year that IKEA Family points are earned.
Points earned on July 15th, 2020 will expire on December 31st, 2021.
Points earned on December 31st, 2021 will expire on December 31st, 2022.
3. How can I register if I don’t have a national cellphone?
For you to register you need a valid national cellphone.
Give us feedback
1. Where is the IKEA store?
IKEA Oceanía is located at Av. del Peñón 355, Moctezuma 2.a Sección, Venustiano Carranza, C.P. 15530 Ciudad de México.
IKEA Puebla is located at Centro comercial Vía San Ángel, Av. Atlixcáyotl 1504, Reserva Territorial Atlixcáyotl, C. P. 72197, Puebla, Puebla.
2. What are your opening hours?
IKEA Oceanía: Monday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
IKEA Puebla: Monday to Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
3. Can I get help to plan a room?
We offer an online planning tool which allows you to choose furniture to fit the exact measurements of the rooms in your home. Experiment with different combinations, swap things around and try different styles until you’re satisfied with the result. You can view and print out the best options, with all the measurements. Click here to start planning.
We also invite you to visit our store and get help from one of our collaborators at the planning hub.
4. How much are the delivery and assembly charges?
In our IKEA stores you can choose from 3 delivery options:
Click here to see the details of our services.
5. Can I return items?
It’s okay to change your mind! Bring back your unassembled items with the original packaging and your receipt within 365 days for an exchange or refund.
We regret that we are unable to accept returns of assembled goods, cut fabrics & blinds, goods damaged after leaving the IKEA store except due to manufacturing defaults, items on sale, products from the AS-IS corner, bed linen, and items made to your specific requirements such as kitchens. Click here for our Returns Policy.
6. Why are items sometimes out of stock?
Every effort is made to maintain the availability of items shown in the catalogue, brochures, leaflets, newsletters, website, and the showroom, but due to popularity and supply issues, some products may not always be available. Generally, we can estimate when a product should be back in stock. Because IKEA products are manufactured throughout the world, there are sometimes circumstances which can cause delivery delays.
7. What methods of payment can I use?
Our cashiers accept cash, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Si Vale, IKEA gift cards, and IKEA FAMILY points (instant redemption).
8. How can I purchase IKEA Gift Cards?
If you can't decide what to buy friends or family, let them decide with the IKEA Gift Cards. It is especially handy for holiday gift-giving, wedding and housewarming gifts. Read more about IKEA Gift Cards here.
9. My furniture is missing a piece/hardware, how can I get it?
If you purchased your product from the IKEA store, we welcome you to bring your original receipt and assembly instructions to the Exchange and Returns counter and talk to our friendly Customer Service officers for the hardware you require.
10. Does IKEA have support for physically disabled shoppers?
To make shopping more convenient and comfortable for the disabled, we provide:
- Privilege parking lots near the store entrance
- The loan of wheelchair services
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms
- Wide pathways in the store for easy manoeuvre for those using wheelchairs
11. How can I get large items home?
Most IKEA products are flat-packed, making them easy to transport. The IKEA store offers (or will refer you to) a home delivery service if you prefer. Home delivery is not included in the product price. Click here for more information.
1. Who owns the IKEA concept?
IKEA retailing, with its Swedish roots, is based on a franchise system. Inter IKEA Systems B.V., located in Delft, The Netherlands, is the owner and franchisor of the IKEA Concept. IKEA stores are operated by a number of different franchisees in 29 countries.
2. Can I distribute IKEA products?
The IKEA experience is more than just products; it is a retail concept. For the concept to work, it is necessary to have all aspects in place. Therefore, IKEA products are sold only in IKEA stores franchised by Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
3. How can I become a franchisee?
Potential IKEA franchisees are evaluated by Inter IKEA Systems B.V. If chosen, an agreement is signed that grants the franchisee the right to operate an IKEA store and/or other sales channels in accordance with the IKEA franchise systems and methods.
IKEA franchisees pay Inter IKEA Group an annual fee of 3% over their net sales. In return, they get access to the IKEA trademarks. They are also authorised to market and sell the IKEA product range and operate IKEA stores and other sales channels.
Today, all the IKEA stores (except the IKEA Delft store in the Netherlands, which is owned by Inter IKEA Systems B.V.) operate under franchise agreements. Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
4. What is the IKEA Group?
The IKEA Group is a private group of companies owned by a charitable foundation in The Netherlands. The IKEA Group is active in developing, purchasing, distributing and selling IKEA products. The IKEA group is the biggest group of franchisees operating over 100 IKEA stores. The Management Services to the IKEA Group are provided by IKEA International A/S in Humlebaek, Denmark.
5. What is the IKEA vision and business idea?
Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people– for customers, but also for our co-workers and the people who work at our suppliers.
While our vision tells us why we exist, our business idea tells us what we want to achieve. And for everyone that has visited IKEA, our business idea is pretty obvious – “to offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low, that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.”
6. How can I find out about job opportunities within IKEA?
If you are out-going, dedicated, customer-service orientated and interested in working as part of a team, you can see a list of the available jobs and apply by visiting our jobs tab. https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/ikeamexico
7. How does IKEA approach environmental issues?
Together with our co-workers and customers, we’re meeting the challenges of unsustainable consumption, climate change and growing inequality. Fortunately, our size and reach mean the actions we take can truly make a difference.
1) Why am I required to change my IKEA profile password?
You are required to change your password for your IKEA Profile account since we are currently upgrading our login backend system. You will need to change your password as a one-time activity.
2) How can I reset my password?
On the login page, click "Forgot your password?" and enter your email. You will then receive a new password in your inbox.
3) I'm trying to reset my password, but why am I unable to proceed?
At IKEA, we make it a requirement for your passwords to be strong and meet certain complexity criteria. This ensures your accounts remain secure. In order to successfully reset your password, the password must meet the following criteria:
1. 8-20 characters
2. No more than 2 identical characters in a row
3. A lowercase letter (a-z)
4. An uppercase letter (A-Z)
5. Number or special character
4) Why have I not received a password reset email after clicking on 'Forgot Password'?
A password reset email with your Temporary Password will be sent to your email ID within 5-10 minutes of you clicking the 'Forgot Password' button. Sometimes, the email may land in your Junk or Spam folder. If you don't see the email in 5-10 minutes, please call us at 55 8310 8310 for any further assistance.
5) My account is locked due to multiple incorrect password entries (I have entered my old password multiple times or this is after resetting my password, I've tried to log in multiple times without successfully logging in). How do I unlock my account?
Please call us at 55 8310 8310 to unlock your IKEA account.
6) What happens after I change my IKEA Profile password?
After you’re done changing your account password, you should be able to log in and access your profile details and shop as usual.
7) What happens to the products saved in my Shopping Cart, Favorites List, and Planners when I reset my password?
Please be assured that all your products saved in your Shopping Cart, Favorites lists and Planners will remain unaffected. You may continue to shop as usual after resetting your password.
8) Is it possible to shop without logging in and resetting my Password?
Yes, you may proceed to shop without logging in and resetting your password, as a Guest user. You may come back anytime later to reset your password as a one-time activity when you want to log in.
1. You can request your invoice, once you receive the product.
2. Enter the following portal:
3. Once inside, you will be asked for both your ticket number and the total purchase amount:
4. Enter your receipt number, which is located in the areas marked in red in the next images:
b. Online purchases
Online store ticket starts with four zeros: 0000WEB634000000XXXX
a. Store and restaurant purchases
Store ticket starts with five zeros and the letter O: 00000OCL1500000XXXX
Restaurant ticket starts with five zeros and the letter R: 00000RT02000000XXXX
5. Enter the total purchase amount without decimals.
6. Click Continue, and the system will ask you for the tax ID (RFC).
7. Click Continue, and the system will ask you for the billing information. Remember not to use accents or special characters. For example, if your last name is Núñez, enter it as Nunez.
8. Click Continue, and the system will request you for the email to which the information will be sent.
9. Once the invoice is complete, you must receive the invoice and the XML files via email.
* Remember that if you made your purchase through the webpage, you can invoice when you receive the Delivery Notification.