IKEA Pet Guidelines
Ikano Retail México, S.A. de C.V. (hereinafter "IKEA"), domiciled at Calle Oriente 158, número 440, Piso 3, Local JD-01, Colonia Moctezuma, Segunda Sección, Alcaldía Venustiano Carranza, C.P. 15530, Mexico City, is the company that operates these guidelines for the entry of Pets into IKEA stores in Mexico.
Pets, as such term is defined below, will be admitted at IKEA locations such as Stores, Restaurant, Bistro and Swedish Food Market, among others, located in the United Mexican States ("Location(s)") that expressly indicate the admission of pets at the entrance to such Location(s).
For clarity, it is noted:
- Tienda Oceanía (Avenida del Peñón 355, Moctezuma 2da sección, Venustiano Carranza, Mexico City, C.P. 15530): Pets are allowed.
- Tienda Puebla (Blvd Atlixcáyotl 1504, local 101 y 102, Colonia Reserva Territorial Atlixcáyotl, San Andres Cholula, Puebla, C.P. 72820): Pets are allowed.
By entering such Establishments you are agreeing to comply with these guidelines:
- Dogs and cats are allowed as "Pets" only.
- Each family may be accompanied by a maximum of two Pets during their visit to IKEA.
- Pets must always be accompanied and held on a non-extensible leash of maximum 1.5m. If you consider that your pet may present socialization problems, it must also wear a muzzle at all times.
- Pets are allowed in all our facilities except in the Restaurant, Bistro and Swedish Food Market areas, where they may only be in the designated Pet Area.
- Duly accredited assistance, guide or therapeutic dogs, in terms of the corresponding legislation, may circulate in all the facilities of the IKEA Establishments, provided that they are accompanied by the person they are assisting and are not required to wear a muzzle.
- Each pet owner must carry, at all times, bags for the collection of excrement and, if necessary, cleaning wipes.
- They should also avoid allowing their Pets to relieve themselves on the Premises' premises. If this occurs, the owner will immediately pick up/clean up after the pet and notify IKEA staff to ensure that the area is disinfected by the Housekeeping team.
- Pets are not allowed to climb on the furniture in any of our commercial or rest areas. Pets must remain on the floor at all times or in carriers that do not allow the animal to get out.
- Under no circumstances may Pets be left unattended or tied to IKEA objects or furnishings, either indoors or outdoors.
- Pets will be allowed access to the restroom area, but under no circumstances will it be allowed to use the restrooms as drinking fountains.
- Beyond the requirements set forth in these guidelines, pets entering IKEA must be properly vaccinated and in compliance with the Mexico City Animal Protection Law and any other applicable laws.
Admission of Pets
- IKEA reserves the right to deny access to or circulation of Pets that present a danger or apparent characteristics that jeopardize the normal operation of the Premises, as well as the comfort and safety of customers, co-workers and other Pets.
- To ensure the safety of customers and to avoid situations of danger or discomfort to people or animals, IKEA reserves the right to refuse admission to pets at in-store events, except in the case of assistance dogs, as noted above.
- IKEA has the right to require the owner of any Pet that fails to comply with any part of these guidelines, as well as those that disturb or threaten the well-being and safety of customers, whether due to behavioral, noise or hygiene issues, to leave the Premises.
- IKEA reserves the right to modify these guidelines as it deems necessary.
Liability for damages
- The owner shall be responsible for any damage and/or harm caused directly or indirectly by his or her Pet to the IKEA premises, to goods or merchandise sold on the premises, or to third parties, and shall be liable for any expenses or costs arising from such acts or omissions.
- The person or persons entering with the Pets are considered the owner/proprietor.
- The owner/owner shall be responsible for any situation that arises with or is caused by or in connection with his/her Pets on IKEA Premises and the mere fact of entering IKEA with his/her Pets implies full and unrestricted acceptance of these guidelines and therefore releases IKEA, its employees, legal representatives, factors, dependents, international affiliates, sister companies and/or any related individuals or entities from any liability of any nature whatsoever caused to third parties.
Last update: 22/08/2022