100% Electric Home Delivery
There are many ways to drive safely
What are some ways to deliver IKEA products safely while caring for the Earth? The answer is in IKEA’s 100% Electric Home Delivery Service.
Producing and delivering IKEA products is possible through the efforts of many.
Such efforts are made so that the next generation may also appreciate everything we have experienced. We aim to reduce negative impacts on our environment and society while maintaining convenience and safety through sustainable actions.
- In 2017, IKEA joined an international non-profit organization formed by The Climate Group called ‘Global EV100 Initiative ‘
It was recently reported that EV100 commits to transform all 2 million vehicles of partnered businesses into 100% EV.
What are IKEA’s plans?
- IKEA provides EV charging stations for customers in all stores. In the near future, we plan to provide EV charging stations in all stores for delivery trucks.
- Currently in June 2021, about 25% of customer delivery is operated by Electric vehicles (Eco-friendly vehicle).
- By 2025, we plan to use 100% electric vehicles (Eco-friendly vehicle) for nationwide truck delivery.
- By 2030, IKEA aims to reduce 50% of carbon footprint produced from store visits and co-worker commute.