Terms and conditions for membership of the IKEA Family loyalty club
IKEA Family is a loyalty club operated by IKEA Česká republika s.r.o., Skandinávská 1/131, 155 00 Praha 5-Zličín, Czech Republic, ID no.: 27081052, listed in the Companies Register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, section C, file 94828 ("IKEA"), and which is targeted at customers of IKEA.
These Terms and Conditions relate to the membership of the IKEA Family loyalty club and all use of the IKEA Family card, visits to IKEA stores and the IKEA website, and any bonuses or benefits provided through the club.
The terms "you" and "your" refer to IKEA Family members.
The IKEA Family club is intended solely for personal use and use by customers. IKEA reserves the right to amend or adjust any part of the IKEA Family project.
Membership of IKEA Family is open to persons who:
- properly enter true mandatory data and agree with the terms and conditions of membership and with the principles of personal data protection. Registration is possible on the IKEA Family website or at kiosks in IKEA stores. During the registration process IKEA may require the verification of personal data, i.e. e-mail address or telephone number.
- acknowledge that the provision of personal data is voluntary. However, failure to provide such data means that you cannot become a member of IKEA Family.
The IKEA Family card:
- is the property of IKEA
- is not transferable and may be used solely by the person whose name is printed on the card.
- is not a payment card.
Members of IKEA Family:
- are entitled to current benefits (e.g. discounts on selected products, services and seminars at all IKEA stores and with selected external partners) when they present a valid membership card at a check-out. Cards must not be damaged and the data on them must be legible; members shall otherwise not be entitled to benefits. IKEA Family cards can be can be stored in electronic form in a mobile device, or can be found as a QR code in the footer of e-mail communication.
- are entitled to use the electronic receipt service if they use their IKEA Family card when shopping in the Czech Republic, Slovakia or Hungary and return goods in the same country in which they were bought.
- are entitled to add data about their children to their profiles, whereby they grant their consent to the processing of that data for the purpose of registering their children for the birthdays programme. This only applies to children between the ages of one and twelve years inclusive. If a member deletes the data on their child from their profile, the child's membership of the birthdays programme and benefits deriving from this expire on the day of deletion. A child can be registered or their data changed only once per twelve months.
- are entitled to change the means of communication with IKEA (e-mail, SMS, post or via Facebook) in their member profile, on the IKEA Family website or at IKEA Family kiosks at IKEA stores in the country where they have registered. If consent is granted to the sending of commercial messages, IKEA reserves the right to stipulate the standard means of communication, from which the member chooses following registration (e-mail, SMS, post or via Facebook).
- are obliged to inform IKEA as early as possible about any changes to their personal data as given during/after registration. In the event of failure to meet this obligation, IKEA bears no liability for delays or doubts caused by the late notification of changes to the personal data of an IKEA Family member.
- are entitled to cancel their membership of IKEA Family at any time based on a written request for the termination of membership, which must be sent, together with their IKEA Family card, to Oddělení IKEA Family, IKEA Česká republika s.r.o., Skandinávská 15a, 155 00 Praha 5-Zličín, Czech Republic, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must state the number of the IKEA Family card and the member's e-mail address, given name, surname, date of birth and address to allow identification of the IKEA Family member.
- reserves the right to determine the products and services to be included in the IKEA Family programme, as well as select workshops, cooperating external partners and other benefits for club members.
- is entitled to terminate your membership under the following conditions:
- you have not used your IKEA Family card in any IKEA store in the Czech Republic, Slovakia or Hungary for a period of 1 year following registration or for period exceeding 3 years from your last use of your IKEA Family card,
- you have not contacted IKEA in any other way (reading the newsletter, logging into your profile, participation in a workshop) for a period exceeding 3 years,
- IKEA finds that your profile contains incorrect or false information.
- is obliged to cancel your membership within 1 month of receipt of a written request as described above.
- is obliged to send you a copy of the information about you that it retains within 1 month of receiving a written request to do so.
Sending of marketing messages:
- If you consent to the sending of marketing messages by e-mail, IKEA can send you newsletters containing information on news at IKEA and messages relating to your membership of IKEA Family and benefits available through the IKEA Family loyalty club.
- If you consent to the sending of SMS messages, IKEA will be able to use your telephone number to send information on upcoming news and offers.
- If you consent to the sending of materials by post, IKEA will be able to send you commercial messages to the address that you have given us.
- If you consent to communication via Facebook, IKEA will be able to contact you via all platforms owned by Facebook.
Data about members that is stored by IKEA:
- personal data provided during or following registration and changes to it, possibly including personal data of children,
- during active use of the IKEA Family card, information on purchases and returns of goods for the purposes of electronic receipts so that we can inform IKEA Family members about how to look after our products or extend their lifespan, or offer supplementary products that they may need,
- information on the reading of newsletters or other e-mails so that we can find out whether members are still interested in IKEA and their membership should continue,
- we collect information on members such as log-in information, cookies and registrations for workshops from our websites (www.IKEA-Family.cz and www.IKEA.cz) so that we can find out whether members are still interested in IKEA and their membership should continue, Information on products that they have been interested in on our website will be used for the targeted offering of products.
Rights to personal data
- IKEA Family members are entitled:
- to, at any time, withdraw individual consent to the processing of their personal data; however, this does not affect the legality of such processing prior to the withdrawal of consent; in the case of consent for the purposes of membership of IKEA Family, your membership shall be cancelled,
- to access to their personal data and to have it amended or deleted,
- to restrict the processing of their personal data,
- to the portability of their data,
- to object to the processing of their personal data,
- to disagree with profiling for marketing purposes (via the settings in their IKEA Family profile). In such a case, IKEA shall not perform profiling for marketing purposes, and will therefore not be able to send the member any commercial messages that have been targeted on the basis of the member's customer behaviour and browsing of websites.
- submit a complaint to the supervisory body for the protection of personal data, which is the Office for Personal Data Protection, the address of and contact details for which are available from the website www.uoou.cz
The aforementioned rights can be asserted in writing by e-mail at email@example.com or by post at Ochrana osobních údajů, IKEA Česká republika, s.r.o., Skandinávská 15a, 155 00 Praha 5.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions of Membership at any time. Amended terms and conditions come into effect on the day of their publication on the IKEA Family website.
These Terms and Conditions come into effect on 30 April 2020.