It’s OK to change your mind.
You have 90 days to exchange or return any unused product in their original packaging for refund. Some exceptions apply.
What you will need
Your receipt and the unused items in their original unopened packaging are required for all returns and exchanges. We issue refunds through the same method of payment as the original payment (e.g. credit card purchases will be credited to the original credit card account).
Purchases that are not refundable
• Used bedding (i.e. bed linens, duvets, pillows and pillow-tops)
• Stuffed and upholstered products without a law label
• Cut metre fabrics
• Made-to-measure items (i.e. custom countertops)
• Products that have been modified, altered or washed
• AS-IS products
• IKEA gift cards
• At any time, IKEA reserves the right to refuse a return or exchange, and we may ask for picture identification.
You can make a return to an order by visiting the nearest store with the item you wish to return or contact us.
Mattress return policy
It takes time for you and your new mattress to get used to each other. That’s why we give you 90 days to make sure you’re compatible. If the chemistry isn’t right, simply come back and choose another mattress*. When you’ve found your perfect match, you can sleep easy for years to come with our free 25-year guarantee.
*Terms and condition apply
• You may exchange your mattress once within 90 days if you don’t love it, provided that it is not dirty, marked or damaged. Simply take your mattress back to the IKEA store with your receipt and we will help you find one that suits you better.
• Please note that initially your new mattress can seem a bit too firm. Allow at least one month for your body to get used to the mattress and for the mattress to get used to your body. To get the best comfort you also need the right pillow. Make sure you have a pillow that suits you and your new mattress.
• If you would like to upgrade your mattress, all we ask is that you pay the difference between the original purchase price and the price of the replacement chosen. If the replacement mattress is lower in price, we will credit the difference to an IKEA refund card for you to use towards a future purchase.
• The “Try it at home for 90 days” return policy is valid on all new mattresses but does not apply to SULTAN bed bases, bed slats and mattress pads.
• The terms & conditions of our 25-year guarantee and the care instructions can be found in our guarantee brochure. This return policy and our guarantee do not affect your statutory rights.
IKEA Shop Online
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item within 90 days with your order confirmation. Please note delivery fees are not refundable once the order has been shipped. You can make a return to an order by visiting the nearest store with the item you wish to return or contact us.