How to make a Jumping Jack
What you’ll need:
A piece of cardboard, a knife or a pair of scissors, metal fasteners, tape, glue,
string, large beads (with a bit of weight to them).
How to do it:
1. Trace this Jumping Jack template onto cardboard, and mark the holes as
they are on the templates.
2. Cut the pieces out.
3. Connect the body and limbs with metal fasteners where you’ve marked the
holes. Now you’ve got a character with a head, arms and legs!
4. Glue the little ears to the backside of the head.
5. Use two metal fasteners to make the eyes, and one for the nose, fastening
them on the backside of the head..
6. To make your Jumping Jack move, use a thick needle and thread, and string
it through the cardboard just above each metal fasteners. Make sure to connect
the arms together and then the legs.
7. Now tie one long string to the string between the arms, and then tie it to the
string between the legs, still leaving plenty of length.
8. Tie a bead to the end of the long string and pull it to make your Jumping
Jack do a happy dance!