Quick tips for a perfect holiday bash
The holiday season is a busy time for everyone. We want to make a big impact, but don’t necessarily have the time to spend all weekend preparing to cook for guests. The trick to making a splash? It’s all in the presentation. Here’s how we do it.
1. Go festive with a simple touch of red. We created a candy cane effect with a simple ribbon. It looks especially pretty on a clear glass filled with something bright (like this granita).
2. Looking for a super easy appetizer? Might we suggest our very own vegetable balls? Ok, so maybe we’re biased, but we think they’re pretty perfect for a party (especially when you add a little flair, like these mini pennants).
3. Shouldn’t everything feel like a gift during the holidays? Sliders are the perfect size for party food, and we love how they look presented in a small 365+ glass.
4. Holiday parties are all about mingling. That’s kind of hard to do when you’re dealing with a sit-down dinner. For maximum socializing, make sure your food is easy to carry around the party. Try serving soup in a mug so your guests can move around freely.
5. Send a message to your guests. Just freeze some yogurt in mini muffin cups and decorate them to spell it out.
6. Desserts are the centre piece of the holidays. So why not get a little creative? A fondant icing is a perfect canvas for your latest artwork (paint it on with a mixture of food colouring and sugar paste).
7. Send them home with a sweet treat to enjoy the next day with a cup of tea. We like to place a chocolate truffle inside a tea infuser and add a personal touch with a handwritten name tag.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.