Shopping in our stores
1. What are the operating hours of the IKEA store at The Avenues and IKEA 360?
The IKEA store at The Avenues and IKEA 360 are open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2. How safe is it to shop at IKEA store?
In IKEA, we have established a set of measures to ensure the safety of our customers and our co-workers. To secure a safe shopping experience for everyone, we kindly ask you to follow these guidelines when you visit us.
Keep two meters distance between other customers and co-workers.
Gloves and hand sanitizers are available in the store for your use.
Wear your mask when shopping.
Use credit or debit card for payment as much as possible.
Check our safety measures and how to prepare for your next visit here.
3. Is IKEA restaurant open?
Following the government directions, our restaurant and the IKEA Bistro are open for take away orders. At our Swedish Food Market, you will find our IKEA food offer inspired by Swedish traditions.
4. Can I benefit from the free Delivery & Assembly offer?
The free Delivery & Assembly offer is valid until the 30th of June.
Shopping online at IKEA
1. When will you deliver my purchase?
From the 31st of May, the government has issued new measures, including locking down areas of Kuwait. These measures affect the mobility of our teams. We will contact you about your delivery date very soon.
2. Can I be sure that the Delivery & Assembly service will be safe?
Your safety is our highest priority. Measures that we take:
- We are sanitising before during and after each delivery.
- We are wearing gloves and masks and changing them after each delivery.
- We are wearing full covers when we deliver.
- We have equipped our tracks with sanitizers, masks, and gloves.
- We are getting inspected regularly for temperature and symptoms.
- We are informing our customers 48 hours before coming.
3. Are the products that I will receive sanitized?
Yes, all products will be sanitized before delivery.
4. Can I pick up my online purchase at the IKEA store?
It is possible to pick up an online order, by sending us an e-mail, or a WhatsApp text message to +965 9800 9292 or calling our customer care center on +965 18 40 40 8 in order to arrange for a pick up date and time.
5. If a product is out of stock, can I still make the order?
Unfortunately, if a product is out of stock, we will not be able to provide it. Keep checking for future updates.
6. Why are there products on the website that I cannot buy online?
The majority of the IKEA furniture is available to shop online along with an increasing selection of our home accessories. We are increasing the products availability for online shopping every month. Items available to purchase online have the option “Buy Online” when hovering over them.
7. I placed an order, but I don’t want the items anymore so how can I cancel my order?
To cancel your order please send us an e-mail or send us a text message on our WhatsApp +965 98 00 92 92 with the following details:
- Full name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Order reference number
When we have received your cancelation, we will send you a confirmation and refund your purchase within 5 days.
8. Can I add or change my existing order made online?
It is possible to change your contact information, shipping address or delivery date and time, by sending us an e-mail, or a WhatsApp text message to +965 9800 9292 or calling our customer care center on +965 18 40 40 8. Unfortunately, you are not able to add or remove any items from an order made online once processed.
9. I made an order online, the amount has already been charged to my card, and I have not received any confirmation email or any call. What do I do?
Please contact us by sending us an e-mail , or a WhatsApp text message to +965 9800 9292 or calling our customer care center on +965 18 40 40 8 if you have not received any confirmation call from our Delivery & Assembly team.
10. I have made 2 orders online and I would like them to be delivered together. Is this possible?
Please contact us by sending us an e-mail, or a WhatsApp text message to +965 9800 9292 or calling our customer care center on +965 18 40 40 8, 48 hours before the first order is due to be delivered, and we will make it happen.
11. What if I wanted to return/exchange a purchase?
If you’ve changed your mind or you’re not satisfied with your purchase, simply contact us by sending us an e-mail , or a WhatsApp text message to +965 9800 9292 or calling our customer care center on +965 18 40 40 8, and our co-worker will support you all the way.
To ensure that you are able to decide at these difficult times, we have extended our exchange and return policy from 90 days to 180 days. Any purchases made from the 1st of December 2019 to the day we are able to open the store again will enjoy 180 days exchange & return policy.
12. What are the conditions to returning/exchanging a product?
In order to help you better, your receipt and the unused items in their original packaging are required for all returns and exchanges.
We issue refunds through the same method of payment as the original payment (e.g. credit card purchases will be credited to the original credit card account).
13. Is the free Delivery & Assembly offer still valid?
The offer is not valid after the opening of our stores.
14. Can I shop in the IKEA App?
You can enjoy all the inspiration and information about our solutions and products with the IKEA App to prepare your shopping, and then purchase them on www.IKEA.com.kw when we start accepting orders again. As soon as we have better visibility, we will communicate it on our website and our social media profiles. Follow us on Instagram & Facebook.
15. I have more questions; how can I contact IKEA?
For any further information or inquiries, simply contact us by sending us an e-mail , or a WhatsApp text message to +965 9800 9292 or calling our customer care center on +965 18 40 40 8 and we’ll take it from there.
16. I placed a new online order. When will you deliver my purchase?
Once you finish your purchase, the delivery date and time is set based on the nearest delivery slot available at the moment of the checkout. You can see it on the screen as you confirm the purchase. You will receive a confirmation call 48 hours ahead of delivery.
17. I tried to place an order but at the end, the system did not accept my order.
To ensure that you get the best service, we are currently accepting a limited number of orders per day. You can save your shopping cart and return to it to finalise your order the following day at your convenience. Thanks for your understanding.
Before you visit
1. How do I shop in IKEA?
We want your next trip to IKEA to be as pleasant as possible. So, here are some tips on how to shop the easy way at our IKEA stores! IKEA stores have free parking and provide easy access for the disabled. Everything you need to shop is available at the entrance: pencils, paper, tape measures, store guides, catalogues, shopping strollers and shopping bags.
2. How do I check stock availability
Every effort is made to maintain the availability of items shown in the catalogue, but due to popularity and supply issues, some products may not always be available. Generally, IKEA can estimate when a product should be back in stock. Because IKEA products are manufactured throughout the world, there are sometimes circumstances which can cause delivery delays. You can check the availability of stock in your local store here. If an item is out of stock you will have the option to leave a mobile number or email address and we will notify you when more stock arrives.
3. What online tools do you have to assist with planning?
Yes, there are a number of online planning tools available including Kitchen and office planners for you to use to help you furnish your home, your way. Online planning tools
4. Can I buy items online?
Yes, please visit how to shop online to know more
5. What additional services do you offer to help me shop?
We offer a number of services from home delivery to installation services. Find out more information
6. Do you offer guarantees on products?
We offer a range of guarantees on a number of product ranges. You can find out more information on everyday quality guarantees.
7. Can I purchase items over the phone, for delivery or collection from store?
Unfortunately it is not possible to take payments over the phone, or reserve items for collection, however you can purchase items online. For more information, visit How to shop Online?
8. Can I reserve an item for collection?
It is not possible to reserve an item in our stores or online.
1. Store opening times and directions?
Each store has their own web page which includes opening times, directions and store information. Find your nearest store
2. Is there parking when I get there?
All IKEA stores have free parking, and include Disabled and Parent & Baby parking bays.
3. What facilities do you have for people with disabilities?
For our visitors with disabilities, we are pleased to offer the following services at IKEA stores:
4. Are your stores family friendly?
Each store supplies high chairs, organic baby food, baby food warming stations, and healthy meals for children in the restaurant, play areas and nursing areas. Bring the family we have something for everyone.
5. Why are items sometimes out of stock?
Every effort is made to maintain the availability of items shown in the catalogue, but due to popularity and supply issues, some products may not always be available. Generally, IKEA can estimate when a product should be back in stock. Because IKEA products are manufactured throughout the world, there are sometimes circumstances which can cause delivery delays.
6. How can I get large items home?
Since most IKEA furniture is flat-packed, you can take them home today in your car and enjoy them right away. If you'd prefer, IKEA can arrange home delivery at a reasonable rate, visit their desk in the Customer Service area after checkouts. Find out more about the IKEA range services we offer.
7. Why do I have to assemble the products myself?
Self-assembly means not having to pay the cost of someone in a factory doing it for you. So taking control yourself helps to control the price you pay, for the better However, if you prefer we can recommend an independent service provider offering a home assembly service in your area. There will be a call out charge in addition to an assembly charge. Arrangements can be made at the Home Delivery Desk at the end of the store. Find out more about the IKEA range of services we offer.
8. Can someone help me plan and design rooms?
Many IKEA stores offer a home decoration consultation if you wish to furnish an entire room or home. Most IKEA stores also offer an assisted self-planning service for kitchen and PAX. Using computer simulations, specially trained kitchen planners can help you plan and choose the kitchen that is right for you. Alternatively, you can plan your kitchen in the comfort of your home by using our online kitchen planner tool Kitchen planner.
9. I've lost something at the store - how do I get it back?
Contact the Customer Relations department at your local store.
10. There seems to be a mistake on my receipt from the store. What should I do?
If the mistake was made in the store, you should contact the Customer Relations department at your local store to let them help you.
11. How many products are in the IKEA product range?
There are about 11,000 products in the total IKEA product range. Each store carries a selection of these 11,000 products depending on store size. The core range is the same worldwide.
Need more help?
Question or query, help is at hand. Contact IKEA customer services to answer your questions.