Easy Swedish recipe “Meatball at home”
Enjoy cooking and eating tasty Swedish iconic food, meatball at home with the normal ingredients. The recipe is very simple, so you can make it with kids. How to make a cream sauce is also shown in the video, which is the best combination with the meatballs.
INGREDIENTS – MEATBALLS
750g Beef&Pork mixed mince, 1 onion finely chopped, 1 clove of garlic (crushed or minced), 100g breadcrumbs, 1 egg, 5 tablespoons of milk (whole milk), generous salt and pepper
INGREDIENTS – CREAM SAUCE
40g butter, 40g plain flour, 300ml bouillon (or consommé), 150ml thick double cream, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon (Dijon) mustard
1. Meatballs: Mix beef and pork mince with your fingers to break up any lumps. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg and mix. Add milk and season well with salt and pepper.
2. Shape mixture into small, round balls. Place on a clean plate, cover and store in the fridge for 2 hours (this will help them hold their shape whilst cooking).
3. In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. When hot, gently add meatballs and brown on all sides.
4. When browned, add to an ovenproof dish and cover. Place in a hot oven (180°C conventional or 160°C fan) and cook for a further 30 minutes.
5. Iconic Swedish cream sauce: Melt 40g of butter in a pan. Whisk in 40g of plain flour and stir for 2 mins. Add 300ml of bouillon (or consommé) and continue to stir. Add 150ml double cream, 2 tsp of soy sauce and 1 tsp of (Dijon) mustard. Bring it to simmer and allow sauce to thicken.
6. When ready to eat, serve with your favourite potatoes – either creamy mash or mini new boiled potatoes. Enjoy!