SLÄKT Bed frame with underbed and storage, white,
How to get it
It can feel scary sleeping alone. Under this bed frame there is an extra bed and 2 drawers for the duvet and pillow. Perfect for siblings who share a room, friends or when it's time for a bedtime story.Article number892.277.31
The underbed is perfect to roll out when a friend sleeps over and there’s room for both bedlinens and toys in the 2 drawers.
Ebba Strandmark/IKEA of Sweden
LURÖY slatted bed base is included in the price, but is packaged separately.
Max. mattress height allowed in the underbed is 10 cm.
Mattress and bedlinen are sold separately.
- MaterialUnderbed with storage
- Guard rail/ Drawer front:
- Fibreboard, Acrylic paint
- Fibreboard, Melamine foil, Particleboard, Plastic edging, Acrylic paint, Paper foil, Acrylic paint
- Drawer back/ Drawer sides:
- Particleboard, Paper foil, Plastic foil
- Drawer bottom:
- Fibreboard, Acrylic paint, Paper foil
- Middle rail/ Side/ Top rail:
- Fibreboard, Particleboard, Plastic edging, Acrylic paint, Paper foil
Slatted bed base
- Bottom rail:
- Fibreboard, Fibreboard, Fibreboard, Particleboard, Plastic edging, Acrylic paint, Paper foil
- Bed slats:
- Layer-glued wood veneer, Birch veneer, Adhesive resin as coating
- 100 % polyester
- Particleboard, Particleboard, Fibreboard, Plastic edging, Acrylic paint, Acrylic paint, Paper foil
- Footboard/ Headboard:
- Fibreboard, Particleboard, Honeycomb structure paper filling (100% recycled), Plastic edging, Acrylic paint
- This slatted bed base is to be used with an IKEA bed frame. If used with another bed frame, please check construction.
- Assembly instructionsSLÄKT Bed frame003.627.46SLÄKT Underbed with storage003.627.51Other documentsSLÄKT Bed frame003.627.46
Max. weight/sleeping level: 100 kg
Length: 206 cm
Width: 96 cm
Width of drawer (inside): 90 cm
Depth of drawer (inside): 57 cm
Footboard height: 56 cm
Headboard height: 78 cm
Bed width: 193 cm
Mattress length: 200 cm
Mattress width: 90 cm
- This product comes as 5 packages.SLÄKTArticle number003.627.46
Width: 81 cm
Height: 6 cm
Length: 206 cm
Weight: 23.95 kg
Package(s): 1SLÄKTArticle number003.627.51This product has multiple packages.
Width: 35 cm
Height: 7 cm
Length: 208 cm
Weight: 28.75 kg
Width: 34 cm
Height: 6 cm
Length: 105 cm
Weight: 11.50 kg
Package(s): 1LURÖYArticle number901.602.11
Width: 26 cm
Height: 5 cm
Length: 90 cm
Weight: 6.35 kg
It takes a lot of work to chill out
Pre-teen kids are probably the busiest people we know. It might not always look like it on the outside, but on the inside everything runs at hyper speed. With all the energy needed for growing, it makes sense that once they're home, a place to relax and recover is pretty important. That’s where the SLÄKT range comes in. To get it right, we had to go back to the start.
We ordered a study that focused on children aged 8-12 from all around the world. From that we tried to make something that fitted in both with what kids want, and what the parents think the kids need as well.
A worldwide study on what kids want
Child and adolescent psychotherapist Dr Barbie Clarke and her research agency Family Kids & Youth carried out the global study. "Early adolescence is an important phase because it's a slow move towards autonomy and independence,” says Barbie. “There's this huge growth happening that requires a lot of energy. It's not a joke that they really can't wake up in the morning!" One of the big findings was that kids wanted a place to relax and retreat, while still being close to their parents (who still are their biggest influence), even if hanging out with friends is a growing focus. "The bedroom also becomes a place for entertaining with friends. The phrase 'chilling out' was something that we heard around the world. 'Oh, I just want to chill out' is a key desire".
Furniture made to be spontaneous
Building on the research, the work began. We designed SLÄKT to be super modular and adaptable, as well as easy to move around if say a bunch of friends come over. After we tested everything for safety we asked children for their feedback. Then we changed certain designs to be even easier to use and relax with. The kids favorite: a fold out mattress that can be stored under the bed and brought out whenever it’s chill out time. Kids seem to just sort of fall on it. No communication, just 'aaah!'.
What is constructed board?
We use constructed boards when manufacturing many of our pieces of furniture, such as tables and wardrobes. They are light yet still stable and strong. Each board has a frame made of chipboard, fibreboard or solid wood, while the inside is a honeycomb filling structure made of mostly recycled paper, which is extra durable thanks to its special construction. The board is then covered with a protective paint, foil or veneer depending on the style wanted.