Awkward no more: tops of kitchen cabinets
Seems like every kitchen has weird spaces—like between cabinets and the ceiling. Don’t waste it. Work it. Check out our decorating and organising ideas to turn that awkward space into awesome space!
1. The herb rack lets you dry your fresh herbs tied directly onto a rail or on hooks for easier access. For more awkward kitchen help, see our space between cabinets ideas and our tips to use the sides of cabinets.
2. The clutter keeper frees up and moves up your junk drawer. Use open boxes to store smaller odds and ends. Add labels to make it even easier to take down the right box.
3. The still life makes a home for odd-sized glass vases, candlesticks and such that don’t fit in cabinets. Gather them into a display, so you’ll see them and use them more often.
4. The art gallery displays your favourite photos and prints. Go for big impressions that are easy to appreciate at a distance, but keep it interesting with different sizes and unframed pieces.
5. The recipe library clears off your worktop. Let magazine files neatly hold loose pages or flimsy magazines. Store handwritten recipe cards in boxes with lids to make little filing cabinets.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior designer: Britta Henley
Photographer: Tjitske van Leeuwen-Huisman
Writer: Marissa Frayer